Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anti wrap bar.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Batmanjr, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Mar 23, 2001
    Would this work?
    Would this still allow it to Articulate fully?

I have a ton of crap in the way back by the rear axle... The mufflers are tucked up back there to allow the belly pan to be put in place and the rear shocks mount on top of the axle towards the center.... So I either need to mount the anti-wrap bar on top of the springs, or on top of the driveshaft...

Here is my first idea... Replace the spring plates with 1/2" plate and weld two tabs about 2" apart right in the center of the plate perpendicular to the tube and parallel to the spring and each other... This would allow me to mount a heim joint inbetween the two tabs with a 1/2" bolt... Attach the heim joint to some DOM tubing and run it along the top of the spring and attach it with another heim to the top of the front hanger... I have 63" springs, so the bars would be roughly 31.5" long.... One bar on either side.....

The second idea would be very similar but attached to the front of the 14FF by the rear diff cover bolts, and then ran above the ds up to a fixed crossmember above the TC....

I need ideas or suggestions cause with the 63s in the rear, if I just barely touch the brakes during acceleration, I can completly wrap the springs around the axle and the whole back end of the truck sinks down to the ground.... I'm Sing the rear springs bad!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

PS, I'll try and get pics of the rear clutter for ya'll tomorrow so you can see what I have to work with! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Feb 21, 2001
    I would do the single bar to keep articulation. 14B's are nice in that they have the pinnion support to bolt to as well. Than make a ladder bar and run a shackle at the t-case end. I think if I was going to do this I would keep it under the d-shaft to keep it protected /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif