Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

antifreeze leak under dash!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LucasJ03, May 16, 2004.

1. LucasJ03

LucasJ03 1/2 ton status

I have antifreeze dripping out under the glovebox on the firewall. Is my heater core going out or could it be a loose or broken hose inside the plastic box?

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Most likely the core is shot. Still a pain to find out though /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. LucasJ03

LucasJ03 1/2 ton status

Is there anyway to stop it for the summer and wait until fall to fix it?

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it is the heater core they are under $30 at the parts store /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

unplug your heater hoses in the engine compartment that go into the heater core and run the ends together with a piece of pipe until you can get it fixed. That will let it bypass the heater core altogether /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I replaced my heater core and it only took me an hour, I was figuring it to be a much larger job than it was. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I replaced my heater core and it only took me an hour, I was figuring it to be a much larger job than it was. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, anyone that thinks a heater core is that bad is either a whiner or has never done it.

I'd do a heater core a million times over the other crap I always end up doing.

8. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I must have been a complete retard then, it took me at least 4 hours but then again I went in and fixed all of my venting system. Plus I had never done it before. At least it's not a messy job. I just bypassed my heater through the summer last year. It's not that bad to do I guess /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Go here for some tips

9. LucasJ03

LucasJ03 1/2 ton status

I have never done it, so I had no idea what it all intails but thanks for the info. It sound fairly easy so I'll probably just do it this weekend. Thanks for all your help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif