Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Antifreeze problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Biggedraws, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Biggedraws

Biggedraws Registered Member

I have a problem..... For some reason i have antifreeze leaking into the inside of my truck down by the floor board on the passenger side.... Any suggestions?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

your heater core is leaking. you will probably need to replace it, as I don't think you can fix it. There is a right up on how to replace it in the Technical section of this website.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

Sounds like new heater core time, but be sure to check the heater hoses where they enter the firewall for leaks first.

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Look up Grim's article on heater core replacement. It is a lot better than anything you will find in any of the manuals. It is a PITA job, but after you have it completed you will be glad you didn't pay someone to do it.

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR

5. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

or if you dont care if the heat works
    cut the heater hose and install a shutoff valve
    did that in a vette i had once, cause in the summer even with the heat off it would get way hot inside, and then after the shutoff valve install it was a little cooler inside
    chris

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

hehehe... my friend and i were driving in his 88 bimmer one day and a tiny bit of smoke came out behind the steering wheel (its usually never cold here but it was that day and he was using his heater first time in a lkong time) and then all the suden we heard some *psss* and smoke starter pouring out from the driver side floor. And we were like "crap!!" so he pulls over and theres all this antifreeze on the floor andit was his heater core that busted... cost him a good chunk of $$ but of course its an import and the guy obviously riped him off

87 Custom Deluxe
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    4.56 , 6"susp, 35" BFG Muds, CatCo Cat & Series 40 delta flow 3" tips.

7. Biggedraws

Biggedraws Registered Member

Thnx Alot.