Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Antiques?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Sep 17, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Anyone know of a good way to get some things I have appraised for value, like a directory of items and their values depending on condition? I want to know because of a few things I might be selling. My loan from my mom isn't going to happen for my new axles. Now I am paying out of pocket all upfront for them. So I am offically broker then broke! Most things I am keeping, but my Grandparents have a few things which are not things I want or my mom but none the less are things that could be worth a chunk of change. I'd rather be sure of the value then sell a $500 bowl for 40 cents at a yard sale.... thanks!

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Umm...OT but your name is blue. You don't wanna be a member anymore /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

I can't pay what I don't have. I commited to buy the axles and have to finish the transaction. I sent in a down payment so he'd hold them and now the rest the money. They pretty much they are mine period. He turned down others to hold them for me like he has done. My mom said she misunderstood and is not giving me a loan. I am now paying $2400 up front I don't have. So until next month when I get paid again it's being blue for me. I honestly don't have $25 to spare more or less a dime....

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

just for kicks i looked... i'm blue too. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    i'm also in the broker then broke group.

what kinda stuff you got steph? like fenton milk glass or just porcialin(sp?)

5. ChevyCaGal

Some dishes, but they are over 60 years old. I have a sofa too. Some silver (coffee set) and various other items. I can't afford to hire someone to come into my house and tell me.... argh this sucks!

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

try ebay,look for the stuff you have and see what it's going for...

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

8. ChevyCaGal

Naw someone else who can use it should get it... I'll have cash when I get paid again in 2 weeks....

9. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

there are books on this subject, go to library and check out the antique books, they give you a price range and cover a lot of collectables, pics, descriptions, etc, good luck to you and dont go to a dealer, they will rip you off, they resell for profit /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. ChevyCaGal

I plan to do that this weekend... cuz I am so broke it's sad! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif