Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Antisway

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by charliel, Mar 18, 2000.

1. charliel

charliel Registered Member

Put a new 4" lift on today but didn't have time to put the front antisway bar before leaving the shop. Didn't really notice it on the ride home. Question is...leave it off or put it back on. Please let me know what the good and bad you've experienced. Thanks!

77 Jimmy High Sierra

2. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I plan on taking mine off one of these days, I have asked the q on here before and people have said that the stock driveline won't slip out with a 2 inch lift and I think if you've got good shocks and don't drive your rig like a racecar you won't have a lot of lean in the corners
    '77 K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I know a few people who run without em and they report no problems at all. I'm taking mine off this weekend as a matter of fact.

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I have mine one with a sway bar disconnect kit. I noticed the vehicle liked to follow ruts in the road a bit more and when on coming traffic would pass me the vehicle bucked a bit more. Really noticed it in the wind storms though

5. Blade

Blade Registered Member

I pulled the pins on my swaybar quick disconnect to run it up a RTI ramp, and didn't bother to connect it when I was done. (I didn't feel like getting my fingers greasy again.) No problems heading home home, even on a fairly twisty road driven at fairly high speed. The next day (I still hadn't hooked up the swaybar) as I was driving through town, a car pulled out of a driveway and cut me off. No problem, I thought, I'll just pull over a lane. With a car in front of me, I didn't have a lot of time for a traditional lane change. I yanked the wheel, and then yanked it back to straighten out in the new lane. The way my Blazer leaned over made me decide to stop at the next parking lot to connect my swaybar.
    I don't drive on the road without my swaybar.

[​IMG] Blade

6. charliel

charliel Registered Member

Nuff said...going back on tomorrow.

77 Jimmy High Sierra

7. AIRBORNE

AIRBORNE Registered Member

HAD TO LAUGH AT THIS ONE!! Did you change your shorts in the parking lot or just throw them away?