Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any 0300 Marines here? I have a question...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlazerGuy, Nov 27, 2004.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

At SOI will I be able to pick my MOS(ie rifleman, mortarman, TOW gunner etc) or will I be assigned a position? Also what's the best one? Thanks

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Every Marine is an '03. But I couldnt give you an answer, when I went in we didn't have to goto SOI /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    At SOI will I be able to pick my MOS(ie rifleman, mortarman, TOW gunner etc) or will I be assigned a position? Also what's the best one? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Mortar maggot /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

your MOS will be assigned to you by the 03XX monitor depending on where his shortfalls are. You will only be able to try and chose a different MOS at your first re-enlistment depending on the FTAP goals set for the Career planners at that time.

5. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

0331 heavy guns... hell to hump, but fun to shoot

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you will be assigned BUT you might be able to pick if you are top of class and locked on.
    translate this into STUDY NOW!!
    grant

7. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Refer to Sappers post. All MOS's are assigned by the monitors depending on their shortfalls. Not even techinical schools accel the top of the class anymore, something about a waste of time before the Marines hit the fleet and don't need schooling on stuff they will more than likely never use.

As far as MOS is concerned, within the 03 community there are many different MOS's to have all of which work hand in hand with one another. Now if you wanted to once you get to your Battalion, they do screenings for STAA Platoon as well as recon comes out. DOn't even think about recon until you pick up Cpl or SGT but you can go for Sniper in the STA platoon if your a good shot and are physically fit.

Best MOS of them all 0311 in my opinion. BAsic Rifleman. Be assigned to a fire team and possibly behing the stock of a M249.

Semper Fi and welcome to the gun club.

James

8. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

You should keep in mind that the best Marine is a Sub-Marine /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Seriously though, i have no usefull input into this conversation

9. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

paint chippers, always have something funny to share /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

hahahahahaha boat guys are funny
    paint chippers good one /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Every Marine is an '03.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a good theory and a marine moto.. but in actual practice I wouldnt trade 100 pogues for a real infantry squad.

I was 0311 guarenteed... if you're not guarenteed something, they will put you whereever they are short.

j

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was 0311 guarenteed

[/ QUOTE ]
    Glad to see I'm not the only sick indivdual who did this. I went through SOI as an 0311, but when I got to the Fleet I was reassigned, and later picked up the secondary MOS of 0351 (anti tank assault). We were an integrated platoon within Weapons Co. of .50 cals and Dragons, called "Anti Mech" platoon. First such platoon in the USMC. So regardless of what your MOS is in school, it could change once you hit the Fleet.

Semper Fi,
    John

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, I was definitely the only guy I knew who scored 95 on the asvab and went guarenteed 0311. For me, it was always gonna be grunts (in the marines) or tanks (army). I figured any weeny could hide in a tank, and went 0311.

j

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

When I went in, everyone talked about the "GT" (general testing?) scores they made on the ASVAB. Mine was 130. I remember a lot of guys with really high scores go infantry. I figured if I was joining the Corps, might as well go all the way.

John

15. socalslider

socalslider Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    0331 heavy guns... hell to hump, but fun to shoot

[/ QUOTE ]

same here, gotta love the 50's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif