Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any 1st Gen. First Owners?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan B., Dec 20, 2001.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was just curious if any of the first gen Blazer/Jimmy guys around here are the original first owner of their 69-72 rig?

Last night I parked near another '72 K/5 and met the owner and BS'd with the guy for 20 minutes or so... I gave him a little flyer I made about ColoradoK/5 and told him to check it out when he gets the internet.
    It turns out he was the original first owner of the Blazer and he's never taken the top off of it. It was in good shape.

Just got me thinking... now I'm curious if theres any other 1st owners here...

[REAL MEN DON"T CARE ABOUT GAS MILEAGE OR RAPID TIRE WEAR!]
    Ryan B.

2. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Ryan, I sort of am the original owner. Here's the bio from my profile:
    I bought my '72 in '95 from my great uncle, who bought it from my Dad in '73. Dad sold it (to him) because he liked the new body style. I'll be doing a frame off, it won't be a trailer queen, I'll play in the woods, but no beatings! As a sideline: Dad still has the '73, which I drove thru High School (the top came off at least 1x/wek during summer!). I took the top off my '72 for the first time in it's history this summer. What a rush!

"High compression engines take longer to start!"<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Ressurection on 12/20/01 09:14 PM.</FONT></P>

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I know that someone said they bought one new. Maybe it was Harry?