Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any 99 S-10 Blazer mechanics?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Redfrog, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

May 4, 2001
    if so I have a question, I know this is the wrong forum for this but I'm getting PI$$ED. My wifes 99 S-10 4X4 Blazer is in the shop, I was driving it on Sunday and looked down and on the digital " P R N D 3 2 1" the "D" or overdrive started flashing like a strobe light and then it stopped about 20 min later it started again and lasted for about five minutes. So Monday afternoon I took it to the Dealer AND THEY STILL HAVE IT when it starts to happen and you stop and take off again there is a vibration (kinda like a U-joint) so in their great brilliance they put new tires on it for free /forums/images/icons/confused.gif (which I'm glad about)thinking the vibration was from the tires.. Guess what IT'S STILL there
    I personally think it is the Overdrive going out but I want to know if the "flashing of the D" is a trouble code.

If anyone can help please do.. I would like to get it back before the time limit is up on the warranty...... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
  2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Feb 4, 2002
    The D lamp flashing does usually indicate a fault, but I think until the check engine lamp comes on there will be no codes stored. If however there is still an issue. When it starts doing it go into the dealer and have a tech. drive with you. Call ahead and tell them your in route. If the issue is documented on your invoices and something does go wrong outside of warrinty you will have recourse.