Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Advice welcome! Gonna Buy and Make a Offroad Blazer!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Burzum, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Burzum

Burzum Newbie

Hey all! I know that here is alot of Blazer expert hehe...

So i would like advice about Buy a Old Blazer,
    And what kind of Modification should i do...

I want to be street legal and be the most offroad as posible.
    i want to go to soft-medium (medium-hard) trail but not the one as we see in really cool picture... I mean i dont want to climb 60 degree mountain for 200 meter in a S shape... Well, i dont want to go were i could get too much stuck or break the rig. I know that it will happen but i want keep it minimum.

Any advice for modification on a Old Blazer would be welcome...

Please use the full word so i will understand.
    200/500/500 3.89 GTS Kz Diff Mgn11x... is chinese for me hehe thx!

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I think you speek french to me!!! lol

since you sound like you just are getting into the sport, it is best to start small.

you could buy a truck, give it a large suspention lift, new tires winchs lockers, one ton axles, and all that good stuff just to find out you dont like the sport (not likely)

I would recomend you find a desent truck and pay for the no rust ones here in canada, rust wll always follow you especely old chevy rust lol.

a small suspention lift (2-4") can be had for cheap and installed your self with a few tools, or done by a shop. some small tire that wont call for gear changes just yet, and an investment in some off road recovery equipment is a must.

some tow straps, good mounting points on the truck, a hi-lift jack,shovel ect.

and some friends, people here will help you with any problem you have, but you need some people to go out on the trails with and learn a few things on hand.

good luck

3. Burzum

Burzum Newbie

I already had a 4runner stock and made offroad with it, it was so fun! hehe.. But i was involved in a onstreet accident and it was a total lost. Now i want a Blazer old years cause i like the power and the truck itself. I think 6 inch and 38 tire would satisfied me. Would i need other modification? Like the gear i think... what else is nessesary?