Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Air Force guys or gals?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by little79k5, Aug 5, 2002.

1. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

just wondering how many if any of you are in the Air Force?
    im most likely joining in the very near future. i want to be a airplane mechanic.

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my DAD was in the airforce..he was a mechanic and worked on the trucks and stuff...

Bryan

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

My old man just became a cheif. 20 sumptin years.
    i might go in myself after med school.

4. SocialMisfit

SocialMisfit Newbie

i'm a helicopter mechanic stationed at Nellis AFB (Las Vegas) been in for 3 years. its pretty kewl, i've been all over and had a pretty go time so far!

5. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

I've been in for 8 years.. and i'm stationed at Tyndal AFB, Fl.... plus i'm an F-15 Mechanic.... send me a PM if you want to know anything about the job field..... it's a big decision... but if your a true mechanic you'll survive........

6. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

Myself no, but little bro has been in about 8 years now, the best part is he was stationed at Aviano Italy and he loved every minute of it!
    He started on flight line and now he is in command post, he can't really tell me what he does.
    He seems to like it though.
    Another kid down the street went in at the same time and was a "load toad", They have both been all over the world and enjoyed it.
    It's not for me, but it seems to be OK for them!

7. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal(EOD) here. If you're planning on coming in, I highly recommend checking it out. I love my job, travel all over the place, and I get paid to blow $h!t up. Not to mention the $9,000 bonus upon graduating EOD school (6yr enlistment. $3,000 for 4 yr) What else could you ask for? I've been in almost 5 years, just made SSgt last year, and plan on re-enlisting for another 6 years fairly soon. If you have any questions about the AF, just post em and we'll give you some answers. AND, NO MATTER WHAT MEPS (AF processing center) TELLS YOU, DO NOT (I REPEAT, DO NOT) COME IN AS AN "OPEN GENERAL" CARREER FIELD. You will be a Security Forces troop. I don't know the real statistics, but I'd say 90% or better odds. I've got nothing against the AF Security Forces, but unless you want to man a gate or gaurd stuff 12-14 hours a day, don't come in as a SF troop!
    I'll admit that it's not the life for everyone, but I've done a lot of things I'd have never done anywhere else, met a lot of great people(said good-bye to a lot of great people too--part of the life I guess) and I've had a good time doing it. Good luck with whatever you do. Check out my shops website too. A little insight on EOD.

www.remin8.com/EOD

Later,

Josh