Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Army guys in Texas??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pure Insanity, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Crazy question I know, but a real good friend of mine was at Ft Hood for a while and is now at (I think) Bliss. He is a heavy wheel mech. and has been in around 11 yrs.

I talked to him a few weeks ago and he said he is back into wheeling around El Paso.

ANYHOW....I am just curious if anyone here knows him, Sgt. Smalley. He is about 6'4-5" and pretty thin (OK skinny /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) last time I seen him a few yrs ago. I think he said he has an old Willys now.

2. Pure Insanity

Noone is at Bliss or even Hood where he was a few yrs ago? I know theres someone here that is an Army Mech and lives in Copperas Cove (or somethin like that) same town he did a few yrs ago.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Rocko could help you out, but he is on vacation in NYC

4. Pure Insanity

Is he the one in Copperas, or is he closer to ElPaso?

Theres really no help needed, I was just wondering if anyone knew him. He said they go out pretty regular on the weekends out there.

5. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

There are 2 guys that I know of that are stationed at Ft. Bliss--DesertRat (Ryan) and 84 Chevy K10 (tim) mabye they could be some luck. I'll keep an eye out for an old willys though.

6. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i think rocko is out of the army and he was stationed at hood near copperas cove, batmanjr lives in the cove

7. Pure Insanity

Hes a pretty easy guy to notice, hes TALL and skinny. Like 6'4-5" 140 Lbs. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Im sure he looks like a circus clown in a little ole Willys. LOL!

8. Pure Insanity

TTT. Lets see if anyone that may know him is back around.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Nope. I sure don't know him. But I'm in training...if he's in one of the line units at Fort Bliss that'd explain it. What brigade is he in?

10. Pure Insanity

I dont know any details like that. I lost his # again so now I cant even call to get the info. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Itll turn up again here soon Im sure, I think its on my other desk, otherwise known as The Abyss. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

If its of any help to someone that MAY know him he still talks about his 68 Chevrolet LWB that we did a frame swap on to convert to 4wd. When I was talking to him on the phone he was telling his neighbor what I was telling him about the last time I seen it, and was referring to "the pics I showed you of my old Chevrolet".

11. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Sorry man, I don't venture to the OT very much!

I have to say that in order to find someone like that on Hood, is pretty hard!
    I have seen about three good classic Army Willy's floating around , but I don't know any of the drivers! Do you have a color, If it's not Drab! Hood has over 250,000 people on it and unless he's in your unit, it's hard to know them! Sorry! I'll look in the phone book for him! But that would only cover Hood, not El paso! Rocko is in the Reserves! He's out for now, but with 25,000 Troops deploying in Jan and more to come, he might be back very soon! He's an MP, but he sure doesn't act like one! He and I are good friends, he's the one who druged me and then had me sign the papers to join!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif J/K
    He's a good guy, His dog is Crazy, but it hasn't rubbed off on him! I'll let you know what I find out about Srgt Smalley!

12. Pure Insanity

He lived in Copperas Cove till about 5 yrs ago. hes been in ElPaso since. Like I said I dont know any real details to anything about his military life. We talked about our kids and stuff like that. When he told me he was back into wheeling I thought it would be a hoot if someone here knew him. In fact I think he had a K5 when he was in CC. We dont talk too much in the ast few yrs but every so often we manage to catch up. Ya know, life and all....

13. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Cool! I don't have any Smalleys! Sorry man! Must be a El paso thing!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Pure Insanity

Last time to the top. Promise. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

OK, the Willys is is an M38 if it is the one i am thinking of. haven't met him, but if he goes out with a scout and another jeep(CJ5 i think) i have seen him. If you talk to him ask if he remebers the HUGE ASSS red crewcab with no doors cruising around post. If so, he could find me pretty easily. I am a light wheel guy so he would be in a line battery most likely.

16. Pure Insanity

I think it was an M38, when I made mention of a flattie he said no.

He said the groups he goes out w/ are pretty large, but didnt really mention any of them inparticular.

Ill see if I can find his # over the weekend and see if hes still around. When I last talked to him he said "I could reach him anytime on his cell, but if he didnt answer he was out of town, hint hint hint, and to try back about once a month hed be back sooner or later". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif When I asked if hed be WAY out of town, all he said was "yep". LOL!

BTW I was SUPPOSED to be 63BV. Long story short, I was in a serious car accident (amazing Im alive) about 6 months before I enlisted, 2nd week into basic my back went out BAD! After fighting w/ them for 4 weeks (to NOT send me home) they told me it was over. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I was eating a weeks supply of "boarderline narcotics" as the Doc called them, every 2-3 days trying to keep going.

I got in trouble for hiding my profile tag, training while I had a profile (well actually I EVERY profile LOL) and lifting weights while I was stuck "at home" all day bored to death! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

As I was walking out to the cab my unit was walking in w/ their class A's for graduation. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif