Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any autobody experts ????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Z3PR, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

link wouldn't work for me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifthere is a lot of adjustment on these, but alot of the time the hinge just gets rusty and don't work good try greasing it real good first.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Picture didn't work, but you should be able to use the little bumpstop thingy on the cowl to adjust the hood so it doesn't go down as far. </font color>

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with mine...the left side would pop when I opened the hood.....got off my butt and took a look at it.....my hood hinge was so loose on the rivets that it was sliding back and catching the crowel and pooping over it. And to think all that grease I put on the hinge was for not.....
    Get some new hood hinges.I paid 30-35 each for mine

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Someone on here had the same problem and fixed it by opening the hood, standing on the bumper and pushing the hood back towards the cab...i guess it tightened up the hood or repositioned the hinges or something like that...might tyr doing it on that side.