Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any avid shooters in here? I know it's off topic.. but ..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rocko, Feb 6, 2004.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Any avid shooters in here? I know it\'s off topic.. but ..

What do you all shoot? Pistols? Rifles? shotguns?
    I just got back into reloading.. and shooting again.. I missed it so much..
    I recently picked up a Springfield Armory XD-40 and I love the way this pistol shoots.. it fits well with my Kimber Compact .45 and Springfield 1911 "FBI" loaded pistol. And for a shotgun.. I picked up a Mossberg 590 "military" .. Love the hell out of my guns.. and the my wife Pam likes to shoot also.. she just picked up a Sig 239 in .40cal.. and she know's how to use it... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

And for you reloaders... are any of you interested in buying some brass? I have ton's of it.. and I'd like to sell or trade it off..

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Re: Any avid shooters in here? I know it\'s off topic.. but ..

[ QUOTE ]
    Pistols? Rifles? shotguns?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Yes, yes.

[ QUOTE ]
    Springfield 1911

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    my wife Pam likes to shoot also

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I went camping and she wanted to try out one of my handguns since she had never shot one before. So I setup a 2x4 sticking out of the ground about 15 yards away and handed her my 9mm.

10 rounds 8 hits. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Not bad!

That was 13 years ago. I keep telling her that she should come shooting with us but that was the last time she fired a gun.

She just doesn't understand. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I know it's off topic.. but ..

[/ QUOTE ] as luck would have it, this is just the forum for such debauchery...
    I like to fire both my Mossberg 500's w/ pistol grips at the same time... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Bang bang, love to go shootin'. I'm more into the hand guns, but rifles and shotguns are fun too. I mostly shoot the 9mm becouse it's cheep ammo. If ammo for the .50 cal desert eagle didn't cost so much, I'd take it out to the shootin' range more often./forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

S&W 357, but the 243 is my favorite reach out and touch you gun. Longest free stand kill shot with the 243 is 300 yards. My dad hit a soda can at 100 yards with the 357. I have not done any shooting in about 2 years. What was really funny was watching Donna shoot the 357. She had never shot a gun and she went with Dad and I to the range. Had her shoot dads 22 pistol a few times and she didn't think it was that bad untill she shot the 357. She did well though because she didn't drop it.

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Rem 700, 30-06, el cheapo scope(20 bones at Academy). It's a 200th anniversary edition with a maple stock. Bagged a doe at 400 yards this season...

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I shoot Deer
    [​IMG]
    With a Rem. .308 Tack Driver

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have a Remington 870 super mag and a 10/22. Hope to get an H&K USP for my 21st birthday this year, and one of those S&W automatic .22 LRs that you can shoot all day for next to nothing.

9. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    As usual 'fumes stopped by to stupidvise and make sure we put all the thingys that go roundy roundy on the do-hickeys that go swingy swingy! ~shane74

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought <font color="red"> I </font> was the only person that used the word "stupidvise"... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

10. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

For a real thrill try the "Magnum Research" BFR .45-70 with a ten inch barrel. Also like the "Ruger Super Redhawk" .454 Casull with a 7 1/2". Both kick like a mule. The Ruger with its double action is quite a handful to rapid fire with any accuracy. Definitly need to wear a good padded shooting glove /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. xflatrater

xflatrater Registered Member

Wife shoots tupperware [glock 19]..lol I prefer a Para Ordance P-14 45ACP

12. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

i shoot skeet and trap pretty regularly and i am looking to get a beretta 96. not to highjack this thread but does anybody have any opinions about the beretta? things i should consider before buying one?

sean

13. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I shoot the heck out of my 1911. .45 is $20 for 100 at walmart, so it's not too bad. Also shoot the Glock 19 (9mm)

I like shooting shotguns, but do it rarely these days.

Rifles - shoot the garand, 1903, and more. Rifle I shoot the most lately is the K31, but 7.5 Swiss ammo is relatively expensive. Just built an AR15, so will probably shoot the heck out of it for a while.

I notice that I usually shoot whatever it is I got most recently, then it goes in the safe and just occasionaly shot thereafter.

Reloading - how much does it cost to get started? And does it take a lot of room for the equipment? Garage space is at a premium.

14. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I picked up my reloader at a yard sale for $20.
    It's a progerssive reloader, insert shell casing and a bullet and pull the handle. .
    It takes up about as much space as you sit in front of.
    Of course the thousands of casings and other stuff are in a cabinet.
    Last time I bought bulk bullets it was like $4.99 per 100 for 115 grain FMJ or JHP 9mm. .357/.38 was just a bit more.
    Primers are cheap and a pound of powder goes along way.
    Dies are fairly inexspensive as well.
    The cool thing about relaoding your own is you can tailer the round to the weapon.
    I could crank out rounds that shot excellant from the P-85 but were way to hot for the Glock 17 I had.
    Once I am set up and on a roll I can crank out around 500 rounds an hr. And with 30 round clips it didn't take long to go through that.
    Gotta love preban weapons. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I've got a 92 Custom Carry and a 96 Berretta fullsize. These are both very reliable and accurate guns and are widely used by military and police. I have a Browning hi power, a mildly massaged springfield 1911, ported taurus .357 with a 6" barrell, and a few others I don't like much. The 92c is my favorite gun of the lot. It is very well balanced and fits my hand nicely, and accepts any fullsize 92 magazine (15 rounds) The high capacity 96 magazine holds less (13 if I remember correctly)

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Now that I have escaped the clutches of downtown portland, I plan on shooting a LOT more. I need to find a good place in the boonies north of vancouver to shoot though cause the local ranges suck. At any rate, once I get that sorted out, I have a preban h-bar CAR15 in .223... a 12ga mossberg 500 shotty, a cz-52, a .22lr AR7 w/ h-bar, and (real soon!) an H&amp;K USP 9mm. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

17. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Wish I had a shotgun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

heck ya, shotguns are way fun to shoot. Back when the local outdoor range would let me shoot mine there, I used to put an empty milk jug at the bottom of the backstop berm... BLAM, it'd fly like 3-4' up the hill... then start to roll down again... BLAM.. another 3-4'...BLAM... it was pretty fun. Sorta like moving targets and fun to try and see who could keep the thing "rollin" up the lil hill. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

19. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hmmmmmmm guns!!! Our god given american right to have them and I have lots hehehehe!!!

20. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Reloading is a chunk of money at first.. I have a Dillion Precision 550b progressive loader..
    http://dillonprecision.com/default.cfm?

Then I save all my brass from going to the range, I bought a tumbler to polish the brass, then I buy my reloading supplies from Midway http://www.midwayusa.com

Cheaper than buying ammo at the stores. I can put together usually 200 rounds per hour.. more if I'm really in the groove. The machine payed for itself almost instantly..

I'm hoping to purchase a new Kimber full size or springfield armory micro .45 in the near future..

http://www.kimberamerica.com/
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/index.shtml