Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any bets on my Front 10B's lifespan?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTMike, Feb 6, 2006.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

MNorby Lincoln-locked (Actually Miller Locked if you wanna get technical) my front 10B this weekend for me.

10:1CR 383 Stroker, 38.5x14.5"Swampers, and now welded.

So far, it's survived a year of this being open with me and 2 years open with the previous owner as mud racer.

Any bets? :D

[​IMG]

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Do you plan on turning?? May require a football field worth of room to get 'er turned. Stock internals? She gonna blow up real good!!!

3. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

If you drive anything like I do, first trip, first time you get on it decently. Looks like you have xover so steering shouldnt be too bad.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think it'll be fine until the snow melts. After that and you can actually get some real traction...not very long.

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I'm not concerned about turning because I can just unlock a hub, and the only time I'm ever on the throttle is in the snow. I know the things a toothpick and treat it as such, but I just needed more traction in the snow.

I don't do any extreme rock crawling or mud racing.. just mild to moderate trails (3-4) in the summer and snowbogging in the winter.

Mike

6. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

my only request is that when it does blow show us some pics :) and good luck with it lastin you the winter

7. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

Well if you welded it properly the first thing to break should be the axle's so a 15 min swap and your on your way. Just out of curiososity did you phase the u-joints before you welded it? If so let me know about your steering feel when turning. I think if you run 1 hub unlocked and dont get on it to hard it might last a while, just carry some extra shafts with spicer 760-x u-joints.