Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any big screen tv techs in here, i have a tech question thanks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jul 5, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i just picked up a hitachi big flat projection screen TV from a friend he let me have it cuz he needs to unload stuff so he can move his family to a house they are buying

the tv is a 1991 unit,

the upper portion of screen is brighter than the lower, and the lower has a double image/blurry issue, not horriblebut enough to notice

and theres too much red in the color

screen is darker than it should be, in most areas anyways,

what do you think ?

how long do big screens last on average before developing focus/image doubling/dark-bright spots/ issues ?

thought id gamble on this since he gave it to me

would it be worth anything as parts to a shop maybe ?
    or just get rid of it, if it ends up being worn out?

gonna put it in the basement for now, til i know for sure

thanks

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Personally, I'd call local repair shops and get a estament. Heck, it was free, might be worth fixing.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Sounds like probably the "guns" have come out of alignment. You can align them off of one of the menu screens. Just search through and you'll prolly be able to find it.

The worse case scenario is that they have been nocked loose. Then you'll have to take it to a shop to get it fixed if possible.

Good luck. Someone down the line may be able to give you some better advice.

:D

4. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

im not to shure about that model, but anytime u move a projection tv u risk messing it up. it doesnt cost to much to have someone come out and do it or if u know a little about tvs its not hard. It is dangerous if u dont know though there is high voltage so watch out. I do them alot on ships cause they viberate alot (someone bright idea to put them on there) :crazy:

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i was told something about mirrors needing cleaned ?

guns ?

no idea what those are

i know not a single thread of anything about TV's

at all.,

way beyond me, if isnt vehicle related then im losted, or puter related, oops

im afraid a TV tech around here would charge a billion bucks to look at or fix one of these, i just cant see any repairs on any electronics not being expensive

how do they charge ? by the hour or what ?

tell me about it

thanks
    :D

6. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

usually by the hour + a base fee, abbout an hour of work. cleaning the mirrors is easy- just watch out for wires and other parts u can get shocked on. use lint free cloth and alcohol on the lamps if needed(dont touch them with dirty cloth or at all with ure fingers) alignining the lights is easy too, just takes some fiddling with- similar to ure headlights on ure truck but ure getting 3 to shine in the same spot. worst comes to worst as long as u dont stumble around in it and break something it wont cost any more if its a little off or a lot off. thats how i had to learn was sticking my head in and tinkerin with em. and again projection tvs not as bad as tubes but there is still some hazarous voltage in it so take the proper safty precautions . its easier then rebuilding a NP203 :p:

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

lol

sounds REAL safe haha

so uhhh how do i remove the flat panel screen off the front of this contraption ?

it has like a frame ring around the outside to hold the screen on the body of the tv

i see no screws or clips but it definitely comes off somehow

or do i have to do everything from inside rear ??

thanks

8. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

sorry not to shure on that model but have worked on many and all i did from the rear