Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any blower suggestions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mattyblazer, Nov 1, 2002.

1. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

My ducts dont blow with any force, does anyone have suggestions, does anyone make a stronger blower than the factory set up?
    I have replaced some of the ducts, and even taped them to get a better seal.

Thanks
    Matt

2. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

I've been wondering the same thing too. I've been lookin at this set-up as a last resort if nothing else works. http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/mojave.htm Summit sells it for $150, and you can get a plenum box for it that comes with ducts to hook to the defroster vent for another $40. Did a search on yahoo and read a few reviews... thing sounds pretty good!!

3. mattyblazer

Thanks but I want something that will occupy the same space as what is already there.
    Anyone else?

4. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

does it blow as hard as it is supposed to? when on high does it blow more than on the other settings? if not it may be a relay, my heater works like puss, but the relay is bad, so it never goes higher than the second click.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. mattyblazer

It seems to be blowing harder as you move the switch, but just not hard enough, I think the relay is ok though.

Matt

6. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I've got the exact problem with mine. It blows harder as you turn the fan up, but even on high, you can't feel the air when you sit back in the seat. My aunt, who I got the truck from and was its only other owner, says that it has been like that when she bought it new. Makes it really miserable trying to cool the truck down in the middle of summer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I just replaced the blower motor on mine this morning. Made a HUGE difference. The old motor was blowing very weak, making some horrible noises, and finally died yesterday. When I took it out I found the windings and everything else in there just packed with dirt. I tapped the case a few times and dislodged a bunch of it, the motor works now but still does not spin nearly as fast as the new one. Easy job and the motor was only $17-18 (Murray brand, part # 35588) for a new one from O'Reillys.

8. mattyblazer

Me thinks I better try a new blower.

Thanks
    Matt

9. mattyblazer

I ran out this morning and picked up a new seimens blower, put it in, changed the mounting screws to stainless steel, and never got to trying it out.
    Matt

10. mattyblazer

New unit seems to have cleared up the problem, nice flow now.

Matt

11. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Good deal. Glad to hear it worked for you.