Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any body in az..

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by supersize75k5, Apr 2, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Feb 3, 2004
    I have my 454 ready to go but...

I am an iddiot when is comes to extensive knowlege on breaking one in, the can needs to be broke in, motor needs to be timed and the rockes need adjustment.

I really want this motor to last and would appritiate anyone who could help, if need be I can pay for the services. Also can supply the beer and pizza.

I am around everyday during the day too.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Jul 22, 2001
    you found your phone, or new one? All I know about cam break in is lots of assembly lube, pre-oil motor and 2000 rpm for 30 minutes with no load. If they are hydraulic lifters you just set the lash per book and motor will do the rest, then after run awhile you can adjust them when running you just loosen until clacking then tighten up until gone is the gist of it( I have the oil deflectors if you need to use them ) . Unfortunately I have no timing light right now , so you need to get that. Was your cam degreed , or installed straight up? With a little info about the cam , and other motor specs , you could get an answer about how much base timing to set it to. Been so long since I got to fire up a fesh one. I'd come by soon, but I am working tommorrow until 4 pm. Looks like if its still rainy I won't be doing anything near the lake though. Call if ya want. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif