Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any caprice owners?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by bryguy00b, Dec 26, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i always thought it would be cool to soop up a mid 80's caprice...slightly biult 350 with headers and duals, raised rear end a little bit..ya know...any one got an cool caprices??

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Randy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

haha ya got me! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

im selling mine for 500 bucks, dont need it anymore, very reliable ive taken it to several states and such even, all ive ever had to do to her is front brakes and engine and tranny oil changes.
    its an 83 with original LG4(305 with 4bbl E4ME aluminum original intake just like the third gen camaros and firebirds have, same engine exactly) and 700r4, and i put on an 87-90 9C1 front nose and bumper, i also wanted to get the reasr lights panel assembly off the 9C1 too, but the car got crushed and sent off to shredder but i found another one 87-90 retired 9C1, but its in a personal towing yard and the guy is slow it will probably be gone before i can get him to lemme have the factory buckets and such off it and the 8.5" rear axle 3.42 with sway bar setup.
    i have a pic somewhere of my 83/87-90 hybrid, i boughyt it from original owner, an old guy her ein town, bought it new here in town at GM dealer still in business, nowadays it needs an exhaust pipe and new dash pad and headliner and radio stuff, and it needs steering bumpsteer issue solved, its not major but its annoying, but everything else is good, it runs strong and is pretty fast and good handling for a big smogger emissions 80s car /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif i like it, but have no use for it, i hgave a truck now again finally, so.. i would trade it for some kind of 67-87 years gm truck of some kind maybe, if 68 truck then wouldnt even have to run or even have drivetrain, i want a 68 truck bad!~ i miss the nice original '68 pickup i had when i was 16/17 !sniff* i have also had a few 67/68 duallies C30's, they are great /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif factory 5.13 rear gears with SM420/SM465 and duallies is awesome! they built REAL trucks back then, /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i had a 454 engine from a 74 C20 i was really thinking about putting it into the caprice, but oh well, NITRO has the engine now hehe

someday i want to find an 87-90 9c1 one or a 77-79 aerocoupe one, they are around here and there still, not too often nowadays though
    i know where an 83-86 caprice coupe is sitting pretty much abandoned and i saw a new one today, all white, the 80-86 civvy caprice coupes been popping up around here lately from i dont know where all of a sudden ive noticed. but 77-79 are unique and hardest to find other than 76-older stuff

ive seen a few 80-90 caprices in springfield raised in the back and with true duals sounding great and such, it hard ot get duals on anything 70s or 80s here, shops wont touch them, they turn away smogged vehicles. a billion of tghese cars get demo derbied and/or scrapped every year, yet are a bunch of perfect shape originals still running around everywhere, old ppl driving them still, but i want an aerocoupe or a 9C1, so..

i did once have a 79 caprice classic aerocoupe and a 77 impala aerocoupe, but i never got to do wnything with them and i ended up letting them go to scrap too. and that was way back in 94/95 in my early days of vehicles, and parts and stuff, hum.. got the 79 free and the 77 for 40 bucks or 50 bucks

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wow..lol..did they make any 2 doors? or is that what u mean by coupe? thats what i would like if i could find one..i see a few of them around poping up for sale for liek 500 bucks and such but in most cases they are rust buckets. guy down the street from me has like 3 of them and they are all bashed to hell, look like they went through a derby..but they drivem everyday /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i dunno they have kind of grown on me i guess you could say..never used to care for the cars but now all of the sudden im startin to likem more..they got good potnetial to make a pretty sweet street machine..

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have Caprice Wagon/Cop spindles and brakes up front in my s10...does that count /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif