Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any case mod people on here? Pics of mine attached!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Jul 1, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

OK, here is the starting pics
    [​IMG] [​IMG] After window trim and HD coolers

Here are the after pics
    Round cables [​IMG] Front shot after paint and details [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Fullsize pics of cas mods
    New computer specs

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Looks very nice! What kind of money did it take to set that up?

3. jjlaughner

I guess I'll post some details incase anyone is interested /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    OK, aluminum chassie was painted with the metalcast case paint that goes over chrome (very cool).
    The grey is a GM color automotive paint, Medium Metallic Grey (huh, the same color as my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Case got three new holes /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif 3.5" inch for 92mm fans
    I painted the zip and floppy because they are easy and it looked really funny with those two white.
    The DVD-R/RAM drive was already silver, the top two I didn't think looked to bad beige (got to have a little contrast).
    The two bottom panels are my Hard Drive coolers, A hardcano cooler with temp sensor and the panel above it has two temp sensors (left is the top case temp, right is the bottom case temp; since the case is basically two sections)
    I vented the Power supply for more air (I'm ordering a new enermax power supply with dual fans later on).
    All the case fans and the new Heat Sink Fan will be the 28db silent fans /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (current HSF, the 7000RPM dragon Orb, is like 40 db! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif)

4. jjlaughner

I bought alot of it about a year ago and mods are new.
    two cans of metalcast paint $10, can of primer and grey for the outside $8, 3.5" hole saw $13, alot of time and just looking at it for the details I wanted.
    Case with 300watt power supply was $40, MOBO is the Soyo Dragon with IDE raid was $100 a year ago, 512MB PC2700 DDR Ram was $100, AMD XP2100 CPU $100, orb heat sink was $20 (new fan was $14 with LED's), DVD-R/Ram drive was $150, the Samsung drives up top where about $80 for the pair (after mail-in rebates), HD coolers $25, 120GB maxtor $79 after rebates, two sets of round cables $20, Fans $25, the rest I transfered from my old machine (dual monitor video card, audio is on board the SOYO digital setup), then I added Firewire and USB 2.0 cards $25
    Round and about prices with shipping /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Less than a grand I guess

I still need to order a whisper quite power supply and cold cathode light /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (maybe another $100)
    I get most of my stuff from ocsystem.com

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looks awesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Well I guess Im not the only computer nerd on here /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Heres mine Computer

8. jjlaughner

Nice! I dont have LED's in yet they are in the mail. I still need to order the PS and lights. I might order two of the cold cathode lights (top and bottom).
    I like your case is it one one of the antec soho servers or the cheiftech cases? Thats what I was going to, then I found the antec 1200 series, mine looked about the same but was $40 with the power suppy and at the time I was buying the mobo and stuff so I spent the extra on the board /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    I'm still deciding on the side fan in the plexi glass!?
    J

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

<cough> NERDS! <cough>

LoL, J/k. Lookin pimp, guys /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Yeah its a Chieftec case that I got from Coolerguys.com bout a year ago.

11. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Is there such a thing as rice computers? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif J/K...This is the face of jealousy hehe /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

sweet...i biult my computer to..but that was like 3 years ago and now its a slow old fart. (athlon 750)..with just a plain old boring case. those ones they got now... totally clear..those are cool..i was thinking about getting one and putting my computer guts into that..when ever i have money for that stuff again.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif