Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Chevys going to Silver Lake?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBurban350, Jul 17, 2002.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Look for the Big Ass Blue Suburban at Silver Lake Sand Dunes this Saturday/Sunday.

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Hopefully I will be there Labor day weekend with the Blazer and my Suburban.

Ken H.

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Hopefully my cashflow pans out after the tranny rebuild and I'll have my 84 3/4 ton... if I do, I'll go. I'll go to the mounds anytime too, I live 15 minutes away from those.

4. Ck1500

Ck1500 1/2 ton status

i would love to , but one small problem i need to get front driveshaft lengthened . other wise just a big 2 wheel drive /forums/images/icons/frown.gif kinda sucks but hopefully i'll be able to play SOON!!!!!!

Ck1500

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I'm hoping to get there soon. Last time over I had 3.08 gears and 33's (but still made it over all the hills). Now I have 4.10's, 35's and a rear locker. Plus I've changed from 16.5" rims to 15, so now I can run less air. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Silver Lake rules. Everybody enjoy it before the environmentalists shut it down. When you think about it, it is just too much fun to be legal.

6. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I plan on going, just not this upcoming weekend.
    Can't wait too try out the "new" suburban.

7. Blue85

I was coming up I-75 today and swung buy the Mounds. I may head down there tomorrow in the truck. The guy at the gate told me that I could thrash the company car right then if I would go get an ORV sticker for it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

So if anyone sees a Blue/Silver two-tone K5 at the mounds tomorrow that looks like a 1990, with a pregnant lady in the co-pilot's seat, that's my rig.

8. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

Silver Lake, Oregon??

9. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Silver Lake, Michigan. Click here for info on wheeling in Michigan /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

10. Blue85

Went to the mounds yesterday (Sunday 21/07/02) and there was big mud after the thunderstorms. Only saw 3 other Chevy's there. A big stepside with blocks at all four corners and no front driveshaft, a late model with BDS lift and 35" MTR's (4WD broken) and a painfully stock late-model who couldn't really go anywhere. Found deep muck that I thought was going to swallow my D/S front fender. Pro Comps kept pulling, though. My wife thinks my truck rules after yesterday. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Did you see the two buggies that were there? Black one and a blue one.

Ken H.

12. Blue85

Hmmm. I ran into two dune buggies, but I don't remember the color. Every rig was pretty much brown. One was overheated and they were both sitting there trying to get it working again. I talked to them to ask directions, so if it's guys you know, they might remember a blue/silver Jimmy.