Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Cisco/networking knowledgable folks out there that can help me?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 14, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey all, I'm having a problem with Cisco's VPN client for a pix firewall.

My goal is complete automation of VPN connection and disconnection via scheduled command line script/batch. So far, it works great, except that once it connects, it opens a GUI authentication prompt that will sit there until you enter data, requiring human action = = not good for remote robot server. Once I enter the authentication data, it then says I'm connected, do I want to continue (kind of a dumb question, like "the food you cooked is ready, do you want to eat it?").

So I need help getting over both these hurdles.

This is going in a server that I'll be setting up permenantly in a users house with no monitor/keyboard/mouse, just power and network cable going in the back. It's supposed to connect via VPN over DSL, run a backup and report script, then disconnect the VPN circuit. So far, I almost have this machine 100% automated, requiring zero human interaction. Except for the VPN client, which is the root of this whole project.

Thanks in advance, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

BTW, it's a Win2K server box, and the VPN client is whatever the current release from Cisco is.

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i'm not there yet but will "have to" be in a few weeks. i've gotten a lot of help on setups at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tek-tips.com>www.tek-tips.com</a>. you have to log in to take full advantage of the system.
    once there follow this path
    Suscribe to Forums -&gt;
    MIS/IT -&gt;
    Security Solutions -&gt;
    Cisco Systems: PIX Firewall

ARQ.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Cool, thanks for the link. I'm going to sign up now and see if I can find anything on it.