Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any CK5 members in torrace ca area?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by rdn2blazer, Apr 5, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

just wondering if theres any other members in my area to talk shop with, maybe go wheelin with when my project is done. hopefully that will be soon. I might be interested in joining a local club too, as long as theres not a ton of rules and club bs to deal with. just some people that like to get together and go wheelin and dirt bike rideing. preferably not a bunch of rageing partiers. im 37, have a 3 1/2 yr old son. im a classic to metal rock fan, i ride a KTM 450, i baught my son a crf50. i feel like i am looking for a date. this feels kind of weird, and i feel kind of like an ass. i have a girlfriend. none of my buds are into building trucks, just riding dirt bikes. im the only one into wheeling.

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

What is your sign and do you like long walks on the beach? :D

3. rdn2blazer

im a leo, and yes i deserved that LOL! :haha:

4. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

5. rdn2blazer

hidesertwheelin, that club sounds cool, just the kind of club i would be interested in. i saved it in my favorites list. i will look into maybe joining as soon as my 73 is trail worthy. i dig the club logo, thanks for the info.

6. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

atleast your laughing about it. Maybee one of these days when your rig is trailworthy you can bring it out here or maybee I will come out your way, BUT either way you still owe me a long walk on the beach!!! lol J/ :grin: K

7. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

I second that vote! :)

From what you described you're looking for in a club, I think SCBD would be a good choice. Check out the website, and attend a meeting or event if you like. The next club meeting is this Sunday, 4/10.

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

There are a few of us north of you (just north of Burbank). SCBD are a great group - a lot of them are pretty far south or east of me so I don't get down there much. But you won't be disappointed making the trip.

9. rdn2blazer

I am working on my rig every second i can. my hours at work are 6 am to 2.45 but I come in early at 5 am, and stay late so I can machine parts for my rig, or grit blast parts at the end of the day so I can take them home and paint or, I even paint parts in the shop sometimes. It takes a bit of time to finish a rig when you do everything yourself. I wish i could just bolt parts on when I get them, and just leave well enough alone, but every time i buy something i have to modify it, grit and paint it, or even copy machine it from scratch but make improvements if i can before i bolt it on. at the very least debur all the sharp edges. its a sickness, im an idiot some times, but my rig should be bitchen when its done.

10. rdn2blazer

mxfireman, as long as its at pismo cause we just got done duneing on the beach, you got it. :thumb: ......this is gettin weird.....we can stop now. j :grin: ke :haha:

11. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Were planning some trips out to glamis for next season when the baby is a little easier to handle. The K5 does killer out there for it being so soft. Maybee we can organize some type of trip next season either pismo or glamis. It's getting to hot for glamis now. :dunno:

12. rdn2blazer

that sounds cool, I had 3 quads a while back, a 2000' honda 400ex, an 01' banshee, and a 350 warrior for my girlfriend. had to sell them to eliminate some debt. i plan on gettin a 05 or 06 suzuki z400 hopefully by next ride season for my woman and i to share until i can get a 450 for myself. been to glamis and pismo many times, crashed my brains out at glamis. you know the boys go on a ride and before you know it your pushin each other. we were riding too fast, too close on each others tail, didnt razor back a dune like we allways do, it was a 20 ft dropoff in the sand. my buddy fractured his back, was out of work for six weeks. i was lucky, only a busted nose from landing and slaping the handle bars with a full face helment on, and a bruised kidney from cartwheeling after i landed. crashing sucks.

13. rdn2blazer

its tough with a little one to get out and go wheelin or riding. we didnt do much the first year our son was born. I just took my son out the first time this week end to go riding on his 50, went to lucern. he had a blast, and dad got a good work out running along with him. Until now he's only been up and down our alley which is a block long. I know he was gettin board of that, and so was I.

14. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

A day late and a dollar short... or something like that.

I was in your shoes for what seemed like a long time. I was working on my '72 and looking for people in the south-bay area to talk shop with, bounce ideas off, and go wheeling with.

Well now I am done working on it, and I just got married and moved to Salt Lake City, UT. Now I am looking for people again. I found a group at http://www.RoughWheelers.com I never met with them and they seemed more like jeep (not restricted to jeeps, just what most of them had) people but I think they are in redondo beach, which is nice. I myself am from the torrance area as well. Good luck!

15. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

TORRANCE?!?!?!?!?

Where the hell where you guys 2 years ago? I lived in Torrance untill July 03. Where in torrance are you from? I lived in North Torrance and owned a clock shop in Redondo Beach. :D

16. rdn2blazer

mrblasto, wow, its cool that i can talk to someone that used to live here, to bad you moved, i would have wheeled with ya. congrats on your move though. do you still have the 72', what took you out that way?

17. rdn2blazer

esteban86k5, actully i live in lomita. but i grew up in torrance. most people that live in this area dont know where lomita is, and of course is right next to torr. i work in torrance across the street from torr fire dept. at crenshaw and carson street. i work at a company called plasma technology, company has been here in this location for more than 35 years. think you might remember it?

18. Esteban86K5

I lived in Lomita for a few years too. I lived off of Eshelman and PCH. Just south of PCH. And the company your talking about is more in front of that car wash isn't it? I vaguely remember an the name on the building.

Pretty cool.

You should definitely come out and check the SCBD out. We are a bunch of good people that just enjoy wheeling. Your son and your family will fit right in. Lots of kids are always around. :D

19. rdn2blazer

I only live a couple of blocks from where you used to live, south of pch off walnut, near MC TIRE WORKS. been there for about 7+ yrs. you have a very good memory, yes my company is across from the car wash and torr post office. most people seem to remember the name plasma technology cause they think it has to do with blood, i guess they find that strange, but they dont forget the name. where a hitech coating company. we do coating for aerospace and aircraft industries. we are an FAA repair shop. i would like to take you up on that offer someday when my rig is running, that would be fun.

20. Esteban86K5

My father-in-law worked for a company that made a lot of aerospace parts. ANOROC was the company.

I used to ride with one of the guys that worked at MC tire Works so i know that place well. :cool1: