Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any CK5'rs in Grand Junction Co. ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5 NUTT, May 5, 2002.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Any CK5\'rs in Grand Junction Co. ???

Moving for real this time...lol. Just wonderin if there's any fellow CK5'rs in grand junction and or fruita co. Hate to have to leave the AZ gang as they are the best in the world ....but the way things are going it makes sense to be able to raise my family somewhere nicer than PHX....plus on the upside it will shave about 7 hours off my drive to Moab in august...lol.

Azblazer

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Re: Any CK5\'rs in Grand Junction Co. ???

Hey man, sorry to hear your leaving AZ. But CO is nice. Where you in or around Sweet Tomatoes lately? My parents said they saw a purple K5 with the CK5 sticker on it there the other day. I am assuming it was you.

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Yup..last night for dinner.

Azblazer

4. Re: Any CK5\'rs in Grand Junction Co. ???

just think how close to moab you will be!!! it's only about 2 1/2 hrs from grand junction if i remember right. plus 21 road is real close. i'm jelouse! i used to live there and really want to move back/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

5. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

I lived in Fuita for about and year and I loved it. If I had any place to move my shop it would be to the Grand Junction Area. I have relative that live their and they really enjoy it. The winters are not that bad either. Good Luck.

6. FWP

FWP CRS

You're leaving us- you suck/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Just kidding my friend/forums/images/icons/smile.gif, we will miss you!.....

7. Hossbaby50

When exactly are you moving?

8. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Good luck with the move. Guess now you will have to change you screen name /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Dan

9. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Tanswest Freightliner is Faxing the rest of the paperwork today...i am running over to Kinko's to copy all of my training cert's etc....giving notice this thursday...i imagine they will let me go asap...industry standard....so maybe next week i'll be headin out to GJ CO.

The straw that broke the camels back was someone stole our lil Patch last thursday....my wife stepped in the house for two minutes to write down a phone number and when she walked back outside she was no where to be found...and for those of you who know our dog Patch....she wouldn't have run off!

Azblazer

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Doug, that sucks about Patch the pooch. Glad to hear you're moving to someplace you're happy about, I know the feeling from when I moved back to Oregon two years ago (can you believe it's been that long?!?!). Super cool you get to move before Momma is ready to deliver............and now she'll be around family! Best of luck...........hope to hook up with you SOMETIME this century in person.............

11. Hossbaby50

I might not see you before you leave, so good luck in CO. It was nice meeting you in January, and I hope to wheel with you again sometime. We hate to loose a good guy like you from the AZ crowd, but there will always be room for you if you decide to come back.

Harley

12. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

If you are up for some wheelin at road 21 I will be out there beggining of June. If you are interested let me know.

13. sagechicken

sagechicken Registered Member

I've lived in Grand Junction for about 10months now. I still don't a whole bunch about this area. I've run 21 road quite a bit as I resurrect my Blazer. I know there are quite a bit more trails around here, I just have not had the time to explore them. I do want to run the battlement mesa trail fairly soon, I've heard its a pretty good run. Let me know when you make it here.

14. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Man, I missed this somehow. Sorry to hear you’re leaving. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Also sorry to hear about your dog, that sucks. (hard assed rant about killing low lives just to be done with them was deleted through self censorship due to inappropriateness of the forum)

Good luck in your next home and with your new and growing family.

15. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Don't know anything about 21 road...allthough my wifes mom lives on 23 road and I road i think...Transwest freightliner is off of i-70 next to the acorn truck stop...thats the extent of my knowledge...except i have been fishing on the grand mesa before...

Azblazer

16. sagechicken

sagechicken Registered Member

We rent warehouse space from a trucking company about a mile from Transwest Freight(I'm at 21.5 rd) I was running 21 road at every week until the ice melted, I have not played on the big rocks yet as I just got this truck going last winter and I still have a long list of things to fix before I get to what I want to modify.

17. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Hay cool, we have a Ut/Colo. boarder patrol now!

I blast through Grand Junction on my way to see the family in Colo.
    If the opritunity hits, we'll have grab a lunch or something.