Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any CK5'rs in Laramie Wyoming

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buffblazer, Mar 16, 2006.

1. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

hey just wondering i just moved here three months ago and i wheel every other weekend and i was just wondering if anyone else on here lives around laramie

2. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Not up there anymore, but lived there for a while. Just started tech? Or UW? Head up to Snowy Range. Lots of good trails up there. Find a map of the roads, or it's somewhat easy to get turned around. Not a lot of serious stuff, but makes for some great trail rides. Just watch out for maintained snowmobile roads if the white stuff is still deep. The locals get pissed if you try to drive on them. :whistle:

3. 468k5

468k5 1/2 ton status

we go out there every winter to the big horns with the sleds,near buffalo, hear alot of talk from the locals about the jeep trails they have.

4. Kiqman

Kiqman 1/2 ton status

Right on man! I'm from Wyoming. I graduated from the UofW there in Laramie in 98. Awesome mud bogging out towards Albany or around Lake Hattie. Or you can head towards Ft. Collins and leave the highway at numerous points. GO POKES!!!

5. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

i went to tech yeah there is good wheeling there i got a friend there with a built k20 if you want his number he has 60'14 blt prteey stout rig he wheels and drinks alot out there a tecker but yeah my eamil is projunkracing@hardcore4x4.com if you wans his info

6. Alumbaugh

Alumbaugh Registered Member

Will be moving to Torrington area in a while. I'm working in the area now and looking for some trails also.

7. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am in Powell up north in Wyoming. I get that direction every now and then. You aren't too far off from our path to Moab too if you wanna join up and tag along.

8. KingDuramax

KingDuramax 1/2 ton status

I went to Wyo Tech in 95-96 and we used to go East on I-80 to the monument exit then there was a trail all the way back to town that came out behind the Wal-Mart. It went under I-80 a couple of times. I never wheeled out Snowy Range though. I liked the area. Just a little too desolite for me to stay.

9. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I never can remember the name of that area up there by the Lincoln head. Something-vous? (as in rendevous) Anyway, when I was up there in '02-03, they were shutting down a lot of the trails in that area. Building big burms in the trailheads and completely tearing them out. That's why we ended up in Snowy Range a majority of the time. One of the last runs up there, we found a beautiful lake on the side of the mountain after going up a decently rocky trail. Lots of good times up there.

There is some good little "canyon's" and rocks to crawl behind the old Walmart (it's a little community college or something now, the new one is on the south side of the road). The easiest place to enter is off of the little road that cuts behind the Shoney's or whatever it is right there going over to the hospital. When the road turns left and starts up a hill, turn right down the dirt road instead. It's good for when you just want to go out for a little bit of fun. One of the funniest things I have seen was watching the national guard guys out there in the Humvees getting stuck on the simplest off-camber, little hills. They would be giving it hell, and not going any where. That's when I figured out that the H-1's aren't all what they're cracked up to be.

There are lots of trails on the west side of 287 going towards Fort Collins once you get over the pass. I never made it out there, but scoped them out on maps.

10. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

i dont live there now but i will in a few months. will be going to wyotech.:truck:

11. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Im headed to Wyotech in October with a few buddies.