Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any code readers heres

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, May 9, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

ok guys and gals ive recently been having gobs of trouble with my rig. the most recent of which is my 10 bolt rear end. its crapped out. any who i have a 14 bolt in the garage and was wondering what gearing it had. heres the numbers i pulled of the ring gear

2 gm 3992484 11 41 5 78

thats all the numbers that were on it. what do they mean? i know sumwere in there is the gear ratio but i cant decifer it. thanx in advance to the genius that cracks this code /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The 11 and 41 are the important numbers. 41/11=3.73(rounded). The 5 and 78 are the date code. The gears were made in May of 1978. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

bravo bravo. thats f in good cause i got thae axle out of a 78 step side im giving you a standing ovation /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif oh yea thanx /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif