Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Colorado ATVers?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BurbLover, Dec 30, 2003.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I just picked up my 2nd quad last weekend and was just wondering if anyone on here also road them as well? I want to get my US Forest Service tags in Jan and would like to go somewhere that isn't totally snowed in yet. Anyone want to go with me? Don't really care where, just don't want to drive too far /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I have just been riding out behind my house as there are several acres that peolpe ride on.

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

That's something I'd really like to get into someday. Hopefully soon, the kids are getting big enough for it now!

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I love it? I just got my first quad and Aug and the 2nd a week & a half ago. Haven't been in the mountains yet. Just riding out back. I grew up on Kamasaki 110 three-wheelers and loved them. I hade state land and hundreds of acres at my disposal. Man I miis the country!!!

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I'd like to get the kids out some time and see how they like it.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A buddy of mine has a small fleet of 'em. 5 or 6, I can't keep track. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Let me know when you're thinking about going and I'll see if he's interested in bringing a few of them out to play. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Terri and I go up by Rampart Resevoir quite often. There are plenty of hunting trails you can ride on up there.

John

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Harry,

Sounds cool!! My current dilema is getting them both to the trails. I need to work on a small trailer.

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

John,

Let me know the next time you and Terri are heading this way. Maybe I'll have a trailer I can use by then.

9. chevyracing

Mark,
    Terri was making noise like she wants to go soon, if so I will bring my gooseneck and you can throw yours on with mine. We go up by the Colo. Spgs. watershed by Rampart. Nothing real extreme but lots of killer views....

Geez mark, thought I pissed you off, haven't been around in a while and you won't let me work on your truck.....

John

10. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

John,

Sounds like a plan on the Rampart trip. Do you know if I'll need to get Forest Service tags to go there? If so, I'll try to get them soon.

The last two/three times I've been out there you weren't around. In Dec, I couldn't stop by due to weather and my 2wd work POS truck. Anyway, I be in the area 14 Jan & I'll try to stop then.

As far as paintint my wife's K5, I need to get it running. It just won't fire. It trys to turn over, just can't do it. I think it's starving for fuel. There is some buddling coming form the fuel filter and the return lines are getting wet from fuel. I think I need to replace the lines and the fuel filter mechanism.

Mark

11. chevyracing

Mark,

LOL, just giving you shyt, I have been difficult to reach lately. Terri's Father passed away in the beginning of December so we were back there for a while. Been a rough couple of months with him, the expenses darn near through us into bankruptcy. We are back on our feet now that the insurance has paid us the money we had to put out......anyway, enough sniveling, ...

We haven't had the permits for our wheelers for a couple of years. I think about the only time you need to worry about that is during hunting season.. They are only about 15 bucks apiece but I would rather spend it on fuel myself.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We need to do this soon.. We have a nice piece of land also we go on , it is only about 10,000 acres but we can squeeze some 4 wheelers on it. It has everything for wheeling from mild to extreme. The cattle are all off and on a plate in someones dining room now so we can go and have a ball. It is only about 3 miles from our house out here.

John

12. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

John,

Understand the expense issues. I knew hew dad hasn't been doing well for a while, so at least is isn't suffering. Tell Terri I send my regards and let me know if there is anything I can do.

The quad trip sounds cool. I told my wife she needs to learn how to ride so the four of us can go out. I took her for one ride and she is still quite hesitant. Last year she went on her first four-wheeling trip and that was a HUGE step. I need to get her out back where it is mostly flat areas that she can get some "handlebar" time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If I can come up with a trailer, I'd love to come out there. Sounds like a great place to just have fun.

Mark

13. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Hey guys! Can I play too? Got a quad with a missing tire... Picked up a honda 3 wheeler awhile back for $150. Faster than I thought it would be! Been playing with it behind my house in the construction area... lots of fun. A trip up to Rampart or wherever sounds fun!! Sam

14. chevyracing

Sam,
    Okay by me, I can put 14 full size quads on my trailer.

Mark,
    I have a trailer you can fit 2 quads on. I will make you a smoking deal on it.. How does 250 bucks sound? It is a good trailer made out of a pickup frame that I put a flat bed on. It looks good and pulls great. Has a nice wood plank deck.

John

15. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I'd like to see the trailer if Mark isn't interested.
    thanks.

16. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

How does 250 bucks sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

It sound like I'll be pretty sore, but what the hell /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Actaully, I'll be out there on 14 Jan & I'd like to check it out. I'm sure we can work something out.

Look forward to the Rampart trip.

Sam - What three wheeler did you get? I've been looking for either the mid 80's Honda 350R or the Kawasaki Tecate 3.

17. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Its a Honda ATC 185s. I flipped it on its top the other day when it snowed. Was out doing donuts in the street and hit the curb! I landed in the yard!! lol Did you know those things run upside down?!! Anyway, sorry for the late reply. Still moving in. Built a new desk the other day. Should have my new computer up and running tommorow! Built it myself, didnt turn over on the first try but i moved some wires around and she fired right up! No smoke or anything!! lol Computer is totally custom too. Silver case with blue tinted plastics, window in the side and I added some blue neon inside the case window. Damm thing looks like one of those little ricer cars!! lol /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif