Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any comments about front end work??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mrprex, Apr 9, 2000.

1. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

I am getting ready to replace the control arms, tie rod ends, pitman arm and bushings on my 88 Blazer. I am planning to use pullers to do the job but have an air hammer and pickle forks as back up in case the pullers won't get the job done. Do any of you have any suggestions as to what order, tricks of the trade, etc.. that might aid me in my endeavors? I am confident that I can do the job right but I just don't want to overlook anything. Thanks in advance.

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I replaced all the components on the front of my 88 last year. Sounds like you are replacing about everything, so damaging the existing equipment isn't a concern. BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT!!!!

Hehehe, worked for me.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

I just replaced may drag link and tie rod ends last week. Used a pickle fork and a BIG hammer. Worked great. Didn't tear up anything(this time).

4. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I just had my entire front end rebuilt. My ball joints were completely screwed. As the guy said, "You were driving on barrowed time." I had the tie-rodes, ball-joints, etc. about 3 weeks ago. It drives and off-roads a lot better. Good luck man.

"Crutch" Huckins
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

5. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

Thanks guys, joining the message forum will be about the best thing I can do for my Blazer. I'll keep ya'll poated on the progress and I should get my "before" pictures back by the end of the week so I can post them on the site.