Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any cool exaust idea's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, Dec 6, 2001.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

any cool exaust idea\'s?

i am trying to figure out a way to keep from tearing my tailpipes off. i used to have them coming out the back just under the bumper, but i kept tearing them off or bending them. a friend of mine ran his through the step bumper on his truck and actually welded them to the bumper. i don't want to do that on mine. i still have the blazer bumper on there.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: any cool exaust idea\'s?

dont rout them out the back rout them out the side right behind the rear tires thats how i have mine never had a problem with them

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

If you run them straight out the back and you roll down the rear window you will smell the exhaust...Run the tips to the corner's...like mine!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>Forgotten Freshness</a>

4. bablazer73

i thought about that but with shackle reversal and " springs i would have to run it through he spring and the frame. I don't know if i will squash them. I don't have the truck all togeher yet.

5. bablazer73

no rear window... and no top... AND there ain't gona be one!!

6. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

dude, ZOOMIE(marine) headers right out thehood, with a glasspack for each cylindar

BAD ASS

Tork DSR
    "look ma, i can make the dog pee white...."
    aol screen name TorkDSR
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.torkpig.homestead.com>http://www.torkpig.homestead.com</a>

7. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

i've been thinking about zoomie headers, however, how expensive is that.

phill

8. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

STACKS all the way!

<font color=green>"I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still to young to care!"</font color=green>

9. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I saw a jeepish thing run the tail pipes out the back then 90 out to the rear quarters. Itl ooked like part of the rear tube bumper. Beacause the pipes were over the lowest part of the bumper, functional. Allthough, I would think that it would be restrictive.

Keep in mind, as the exhaust is run down the length of the exhaust pipe, it will be cooled off, so cooler exhaust will take up less space. So the 2.5" pipe could be reduced to 2.25 or 2", past the tires (about ?).

Velocity is key. Keeping the velocity high, but un-restricted is the best way to go. If the pipe is too large, for the expected engine out-put, than atmospheric air pressure will push back against the exhaust pulse. If its to small, than it will be restricyted. The perfect sys would keep the air pressure out, and pull on the next pulse.

1 5/8 headres, into 2 feet of 3" collector that is redused to 2.5" or 2.25", than into a Hooker Areo-chamber mufflers (cross over pipe before mufflers), then into a 2" tail pipe. Any bends in the sys. should be made with a 1/4" larger pipe. Tail pipe should be 90 deg. to the body. -Thats what I have inmind, It's all "here-say" but I think it should be close to the ideal sys.

Random thoughts.

<font color=blue>Twiz</font color=blue>
    Can't get it up?
    So, drop it in
    gear.