Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Deep Purple Fans?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Feb 12, 2007.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeh, I like em, not real wild about Coverdale though...
    I think I saw them with Ian Gillian, like hmmm 25 years ago.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I was a big fan back in the day. I saw them in concert with Buddy Miles and one other band that I can't recall the name of, at the West Palm Beach Auditorium. I was on the floor, just 6 or 8 rows back from the stage. When??? 1972... :eek1:

It was the loudest concert that I've ever been to in my life. When the organ would hit a chord, I'm pretty sure that my ear drums would touch each other in the center of my brain. ;)

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

OK, so I was watching the old vids and saw one from the 1970's TV show "California Jam". Remembering that my favorite musical group of all time, Emerson, Lake & Palmer had appeared on the show, I did a search. Sure enough! Karn Evil 9, 3rd Impression is on there. Awesome!!! I saw these guys in concert 3 different times and got to go backstage and meet them in Houston. Ahhh, memories! :cool1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUTOKDA2Xio

6. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I saw the same tour.. good album, despite it being somewhat of a "reunion" tour..

made in japan.. yes, most excellent.. live purple was great, regardless of the lineup..

I didn't enjoy many live albums / concert films that were out then, because of the incessant noodling that tried my patience. (think led zeppelin - especially the whole violin bow on the guitar thing ).. to me, purple's jamming had a point, and worked within the song, rather than detracted from it..

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

LOUDEST band in the land!!...

I am a big Deep Purple fan!..I grew up during the height of their popularity..all you heard around here on the radio in the 70's was "Smoke On The Water",and "I'm A Highway Star","Hush",and a lot of their other tunes..

I never bought a lot of albums back then,but I did buy "Machine Head",and the "Burn" album they did in the late 70's,it had a lot of cool songs on it..one was called "A-200",an instrumental featuring guitar and synthesizer..been awhile since I have played any of their songs though..

I saw Deep Purple and Ronnie James Dio in concert a few years ago..it was an awesome concert,except for the fact the "fans" were louder than the bands were much of the time,and were rowdy and unruly..when "Smoke On The Water" started to play,I think 99% of the people lit up a joint!...:eek1: ..it was quite an adventure getting out of the venue's parking lot--18,000 fans stoned behind the wheel was a bit intimidating!..I sat in my car until pretty much everyone was gone--took almost an hour!..people who lived a mile from the venue filed noise complaints!..:p: