Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any electric stove/oven repairmen here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Feb 2, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

We have a Whirlpool range with the ceramic cook surface. It's only a few years old. While I was cleaning it (yes I clean the oven :tongue1: ) I hit the "Auto clean" button and locked the door. I interrupted the auto clean cycle and now when I try to use the oven I get an error message on the digital display. I've tried just unplugging it hoping it would reset but no luck. From the manual it says to call the repairman for this error :angry1: The stove top still works fine but no oven and I hate microwave pizza :D

Anyone???

2. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Call the # in the book they can usually tell you on the phone what to do to fix it. There is just a trick to resetting it that you need to be told. May can look up the # of someone around that is nice enough to tell you the trick at a local place too. Have to do this every now and then with new things. The people on the phone act alot of the time like you should know this already. If that don't work let me know and I will call my brother and see if he can call his boss but they usually only do commerial equipment.

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

If you have an OFF/CANCEL button try pressing that.
    Does it display PF or a letter followed by a number?

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Lift it with you big muscles and shake the piss out of it

5. big pappa b

Tried pressing the cancel...no good. On the left side of the readout in smaller characters is "E2". On the right side in much bigger letters is "F3"

That's on the list of things to do ;)

6. big pappa b

Ok, been doijg some web surfing like I should have to begin with. Looks to be an oven temp sensor gone bad. What strange timing for this to happen. I don't know how I could have ruined it by bumping it a few times

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Do you have a manual and if so what does it say about interrupting the clean cycle? Could be you confused the temp sensor with an interrupt.

8. big pappa b

The 2 page manual that came with it says nothing about that. I found a website with the error codes and they all say TEmp sensor. Cheapest one I've been able to locate on the web is $56 :yikes:

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

56 bucks :yikes:

PM me your model number so I can verify , if its the one I am thinking of , I have one in stock , actually I have one in any brand , I can go LOWER than the off the street wholesale price of 43.82 . I am thinking 30 bucks plus a 5 buck ride on the brown truck :D

Don't use self clean often , and don't use it if you can't wait for it to finish . That is just asking for trouble , those features are unpredictable , usually its a real easy fix like the temp sensor just decided it was its time . I have sold latches though to people who thought they get it open like a car door when you lock your keys inside . Best method is EZ Off oven cleaner and some elbow grease . :)