Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any electrical gremlin guru's in the house, Ghost in the tail light

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyfumes, Jul 10, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Any electrical gremlin guru\'s in the house, Ghost in the tail light

My wife has a 98 Cyrapstler Cerious and the right brake light dosent work it's not the fuse or the bulb, heres the wierd part I unplugged the entire brake, back up and blinker assembly and plug it into the drivers side and the brake light works... OK then I figure it's the wiring , so to make sure I take the drivers side assembly and plug it into the right side and the brake light works...WTF Basically I have 2 light bulbs and 2 recepticles and one bulb works in both recepticles and one bulb only works in one side, the wrong side. What sucks is there not interchangeable, but I told the wife I could duck tape them on /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif .... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Re: Any electrical gremlin guru\'s in the house, Ghost in the tail light

Check for broken fillaments (lil curly wire inside the bulb)
    I've seen them broken free and go out, then whan you go to check, the lil buggers "re-weld" them-selves in place and appear to be O.K. (unless you tape the bulb and break the weld).

Also check the base of the bulb for corrosion or some other poor-connection.
    Check the conectors for proper terminal tension. (check to see if the terminal is squashed)