Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any experience with Kaufman Trailers from N. Carolina???

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by 6.2Blazer, Nov 7, 2003.

1. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Still shopping for trailers and came across the Kaufman Trailer brand out of North Carolina. A fairly large and respected local shop here in Ohio carries them, but I have never seen them any place else.

Does anybody happen to have any experience with this company?

The local dealer quoted me a price, but I contacted Kaufman's directly and I found that I can get the exact same trailer directly from them for substantially cheaper (like 30-40% /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) and get it quicker (3 weeks max if they don't have one in stock, dealer said at least 4-6 weeks).

This would be for a 18'x102" car hauler, upgraded to 9k GVW w/ 4 wheel brakes, and removable fenders.

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Simply put....THEY KICK ARSE /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif They are based out of TX. I assume you talked to Andy in TX. when you called direct. He is a great guy to deal with.
    I assume we are talking about the same company. Got the trailer and the two days later hauled it over 3000 miles from California, to Colorado, up to Wyoming and back. All this with about 7000lbs ON the trailer/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Pulled like a dream. VERY well built compared to the others I have looked at locally. No angle...ALL CHANNEL, wrapped tounge, etc. I got the 20' x 102" extra wide, revmoveable fenders, 2ft dovetail, 5200lbs axles, brakes on both, brake ways, bulldog coupler, rubber mounted lights, spare, 16" wheels/tires, etc.

I'd do business with them in a heartbeat. Even having the trailer shipped to Cali was still way cheaper than anyone around here for the same trailer set up, and like I said, they are built better too.

I've had several people say 'damn, thats a beefy trailer!'

Crawlin73 on this board is also running one of there trailers and is happy with it also/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

6.2Blazer
    give DLI Trailer sales a call 937-233-4041
    there in Dayton Ohio
    ask for Donny he owns the place
    and is a friend of mine,
    tell him Ron Hodges from Chrysler sent ya
    if he cant get ya that trailer i bet he can
    get ya want you want,similar to or better
    give him a call if nothing else you will meet a hellva guy

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Is this the place? http://kaufmantrailersales.com
    If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your trailer? Also, I assume the deck raps around the tires to get that 102" width without being a deck over?

5. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

coloradok5
    Steve you have an im from me

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Can I have an "IM" too? I'm in the market for a trailer also

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

The "Kaufmans" in my first post is actually this place from N. Carolina web page

The overall width is 102", with the bed width the usual 83" wide. The quote directly from them was about $600 less than the local trailer shop that sells them.

They quoted my $1,950 for an 18' car hauler upgraded to 9K GVW (heavier axles, springs, tires, and frame), all wheel brakes and breakaway kit, and full steel floor w/ d-rings. This is even cheaper than the standard 7k models the local place has in stock.

The cheapest trailer I have found locally is a 10k equipment trailer for $2,200......but it's a guy selling them out of his driveway and the build quality is pretty sloppy.

All of the other places are giving me prices between $2,600 and $3,000 for anything rated at least 10k GVW.

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm gonna take your trailer quote to some of my local places to see if I can deal. The Kaufmans is about a 400 mile drive but the round trip would only cost me $40 in gas and a day travel. We'll se how it goes
    "Cover me, I'm goin in"

9. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Ypu guys might want to check out this place . My brother bought his 3 car trailer from them and likes it alot. Take 3 might not make single car trailers, but it looks like they sell them. My brother also said he hasn't heard good things about Kaufman (NC) with their bigger trailers. Mostly that they build them too light= not very strong. Single car trailers may be OK. Also you guys should consider some kind of group buy since it sounds like all of you are looking for the same thing (Steve, maybe some kind of advertisement deal? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif). Another company witha good reputation with the bigger trailers is Craftsman (I think?) in NC. I will get more information on them later from a buddy who recently bought a couple of trailers from them. James.

10. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Has anybody tried Jayhawk trailers?? I know a few people with them and they love em. Anyone got feedback on em???

11. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Here's is website
    http://www.dlisales.com/
    not alot of info but he does have a toll free #
    give him a call
    937-233-4041
    Outside Dayton call:
    800-513-4041

12. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

If anyone wants it, the phone number for Kraftsman Trailers in NC is: (336)824-1114. Good quality trailers at competitive prices.