Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any experience with Novak hydro clutch parts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlueBlazer, Oct 22, 2003.

1. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

What do you guys think about this instead of finding a bellhousing, slave, fork and such?

Novak Clutch Parts

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

very very very interested in this info as well, anyone?? I need to replace my Mechanical linkage, its crap, worn out and causing problems all around.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

4. BlueBlazer

Any opinions/experiences good or bad with this product? Thanks

5. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

no help but thanks for the post, this stuff might solve one of my problems. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

So $160 for what they show. I read a little bit, where are the rest of the components? I'm not clear on how you actuate that cylinder?

If you re-use your mechanical stuff to there, it would be a waste. If you have to purchase more stuff, it seems too expensive, you should be able to find all the stock hydraulic GM stuff that would be pretty much a bolt in(depending on vehicle year), for under $200, and that's figuring in new master and slave cylinder, perhaps even less than that.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've been searching for a bit and can't locate a stock hydro clutch setup to save my life.

8. BlueBlazer

My 87 one ton was a 4 speed from the factory, then converted to auto. I already got the pedal and master for 80 bucks for both, I just need to complete the system now. I already have a mechanical bellhousing and trans/tcase off of my previous rig, so I would have to buy a bell, slave, line, and fork which I would think would be over the cost of Novaks stuff. The bell is 155 IIRC, slave is around 50, fork is 20 or so, and line is 55 (all from GM). So money wise its a good deal I believe, but I just wanted opinions on the quality and performance of their stuff. Thanks for the input though.

9. dyeager535

You need to look harder. The stuff is only going to become cheaper as demand drops (which if it hasn't yet, it will) and even now, I've seen the entire setups, including transmission, for $50.

You are back east, maybe the stuff is already scrapped, but the mid-late 80's are only now starting to show up in the wrecking yards out here, so there are still plenty in private hands being parted out.

10. BlueBlazer

What do you mean by "entire setups"? A used bell or everything including bell, slave, and all of that. I prefer to buy new, and the only option there is GM, and they arent giving the stuff away, so then what?

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    You need to look harder. The stuff is only going to become cheaper as demand drops (which if it hasn't yet, it will) and even now, I've seen the entire setups, including transmission, for $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have, I want to know where. I've been looking for a setup for a while.

You prefer new? What the hell is wrong with a used bellhousing? How can a bellhousing wear out? The rest of it you can get at a parts store except the line. That's the only part you should be buying from GM.

12. dyeager535

[ QUOTE ]

If you have, I want to know where. I've been looking for a setup for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Local classifieds. Find someone parting a rig or 4, they have an '85+ that is a manual, show up, check it out, and you ask them if they will take $50.

I'm not implying that deals like that are all over the place. I waited about a yeear to purchase my intake, but it saved me $100. Since I wasn't in a hurry (important) I could wait until something good came up. Always a key when buying stuff.

13. BlueBlazer

I need to have this stuff in 2 weeks, so time is of concern to me. Wish I could find a deal like that though.

14. BlueBlazer

[ QUOTE ]
    What the hell is wrong with a used bellhousing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well since you asked in such a nice way /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, I dont want to go the hassle of trying to remove the bell from a truck in a junkyard, nor do I want to pay a bunch for a junkyard to sell me just the bell (Im sure they would charge me some sort of removal fee), so new parts is my best option right now.