Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any experience with the OX locker?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by grumpy, Sep 28, 2002.

1. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

I am looking for the right locker for my D60 front and have narrowed it to the ARB or the OX. Yes I know the production OX for the 60 in not yet available but is there anyone who has input from running it another application? Things like ease of installation, use and durability would be important.
    Thanks,
    David

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

there are a few jeeps in our local club running one in there dana 44's and they like it the only problem i have heard of is the cable binding up but that was do to a bad install (positioning) of the cable

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I have a friend that has an OX in the D30 front axle in his Wrangler, his was the first design which was a 2 spider gear set up. He used it maybe 3 or 4 times and it self destructed. He called the manufacturer and they warrantied it without even seeing it (apparantely this wasn't the first one to break like this). He had to wait about 4 or 5 weeks for a replacement but it was the new and improved 4 spider design. He has wheeled with it several times since with no problems and he is very pleased with their customer service.

BTW - the cover is super thick and heavy!

4. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I would definately go for the OX over the ARB. Not a big fan of ARB's. Too much stuff goes wrong with them. Too many moving parts. Some people have excellent luck with them, but I have seen too many crap out in hard wheeling. Not a whole lot to go wrong with the OX. The key to having any kind of diff. work correctly is proper installation though.