Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any experience with these seats?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MJF, Mar 3, 2003.

1. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I picked up a clean set of 97 civic seats with sliding brackets for $50 (craigslist). I'll be mounting them to the cage like Zakk did.

4. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Shaggy, I think I have a set of those exact seats at my house now. I kept them around to clean them up & use, but wanted the others. I think I will try to use them. What did you make to get tehm to fit?

I want my cage to be like Zakk's where the seats are mounted to the cage so I'll have to come up with a way to mount them.

Thank you for talking some sense into me.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

all i did to fit my seats that cost me $15 (bought Chris breakfast for hauling my phat arse up there!) was weld 4" extentions on the stock blacer seat brackets.

those seats look like the kind you would see in Fast and Furious II, i think they would look strange in the 1st Gen, Mike. plus they are pricey! you could get a WTOR Redneck Ram, or 1/3 of a Dana 60 for that kind of money!

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I bought these off of a friend of mine, now all I need to do is get my rollcage in and mount them up.
    NEX racing seats

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I made a frame that bolts to the stock bench seat mounting points, then modified the slider brackets on the seats to make them bolt to the frame. It wasn't hard 4 hours of work or so, but it looked like the mounting points are pretty different on the 1st gens. I'm sure you could mount them using the same principle, but if you're getting a cage made then it should be easy to make the cage so they'll bolt right onto it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>