Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Former or Closet Jeepers? need flexy coils for one...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 29, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I need to try and find who makes a good set of flexy coil springs for a V8 ZJ. My S10 is setup with stock V8 ZJ coils in the rear, but they ended up being softer than anticipated and left the S10 sitting a little bit lower than anticipated and may just be a little too soft, though I don't have shocks yet to tell me. But anyway, I want to add 1" up front(zero rate) and need to gain some out back.

So who makes flexy springs for ZJs? Anyone know? And if so, know where to buy them? In my searching I've only found kits, not just the front coil springs(which is all I need or want).

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You can buy Terraflex springs indivudally, they are nice and flexy. I did a 3" terraflex lift in a buddys wrangler last year and really liked the way it turned out.

What about spacers? They are a cheap easy way to go. Terraflex has them also

You can also buy Springs from Rancho. Dont know how flexy they are tho. The only time I have ever used them was a 2" lift set on the front of my old Bronco. It had a good ride after the install but TTB aint exactly known for flex.

I am sure any of the jeep sites that sell lift kits can get just the springs also.
    We got the Teraflex lift from:
    http://www.central4wd.com/
    also
    http://www.kevinsoffroad.com has lots of stuff for cherokees. i know they carry about any size spacer you need.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

problem with spacers is that I want positive coil retention at both ends of the mount. I would have to build a new mount for the upper portion if I use a coil spacer. Though as I look that may not be a very difficult thing to do... hmmm I think I may end up just going with coil spacers.

4. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

5. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I am a closet jeeper. I had Teraflex, Rock Krawler, and Rubicon Express springs on my old TJ. By far the best spring was the Rubicon Express. They have a fairly stiff spring rate compared to all other companies which sounds like something you need. I would go through www.dc4wd.com as he sold them to me for $99 a pair before but I think the 5.5" and 7.5" lift are like $135 or something like that.