Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any GM mechanics here? Or anyone that has acess to trouble codes (2000 Venture)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Codeman96, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

My wifes 2000 Venture has had a bit of a miss or something and it finally threw some codes last night we retrieved them and now I need to know what they are.

• First one is P0300B and the scanner say sit is a misfire OK pretty self explanitory and I think I know what caused it.
    • Second one is V1040 Loss of EVTCM what the heck is this one?

Thanks for any help you can provide. This van can be a pain in the A** I already had to change the intake gaskets a few months back and beleive me, if you can avoid that job stay away from it. If i had to do it over again I'd pay some one to do it. LOL I don't know if I have a loose connection or what but if I do I can't find it.

2. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

Are you sure it didnt say "EBTCM"?
    That's the only one I saw...Electronic Brake Traction Control Module.

3. Iron_Weasel

Iron_Weasel Registered Member

Are you sure is says V1040 and not P1040?

Most scanners on the market read the SAE trouble code which is standardized in the industry.
    AFAIK, Chevy, and most other companies use 4 codes (B Codes, C Codes, P Codes, & U Codes).
    Besides that, I can't find a P1040 code anywhere. And as ak bandit said, the only thing close to EVTCM is the EBTCM. The EBTCM uses C Codes (C1214 - C1296). Now, of those codes, none even resemble "Loss of EBTCM".

I'd go back and make sure you're getting the right code.

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

the P0300 is an engine misfire, and the 1040 should be a U1040 which means that for some reason the pcm lost communication with the ebtcm (electronic brake and traction control module (abs).

could be that they are related, because the misfire diagnostics rely on a rough road signal from the ebtcm. when the ebtcm detects a rough road condition it will tell the pcm so it can more acurately diagnose misfires. if the ebtcm isnt talking to the pcm you could be getting a false misfire.

ryan

5. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

Well I definatly have a miss every now and then. When I did the intake I had a really bad looking coil pack terminal (corroded and I cleaned it real well and it seemed OK) so that could be the miss. As far as the traction control that could have to do with me being pissed off and burning the tires off my wifes mini van :rolleyes: . So I guess it could be a combination of things could I have a loose plug on the ABS or something? Or possibly the coil pack?

Friend of mine has the code scanner (large and quite expensive) and he was having some difficulty reading it due to bright sunlight so that very well could have been a U instead of V .

6. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

He pulled them all back up and you were completely correct. Any idea what could cause it these problems?