Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any good '88-up C/K Pickup sites like CK5?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Apr 19, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Now that I'm a '92 K1500 pickup owner, I'd like to find some specs like CK5 has on K5's.

Anyone know of any?

This rusty line replacement is a PITA, but not that bad so far. I replaced one line that I thought might be the only bad one, put in some fluid, got some pressure, and then another line burst when I really pounded it. I spent almost 2 hours replacing that one, hit the pedal again, and a line halfway down the frame popped. I didn't replace that one yet, it looks like I have to drop the fuel tank to do it, which is fine, I want to replace the fuel lines also, they look just as crusty as the brake lines did before I pressurized them and they popped. I hope the sender looks ok... The gauge shows full tank, But I guess I'll really know when I drop it...

This tranny also looks HUGE from underneath, and I have no idea what it is (5 speed/Overdrive). NV4500 maybe?? TC is a NP241. :)

Any chance it could be a posi rear? I heard one wheel chirp twice in turns so far.

SO... Anyone know where I can look this stuff up?

I can't wait to get these brakes done, I want to climb up the dirt pile in my yard...

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You should be able to find most of what you need right here on CK5 in the IFS forum. That tranny is easy to ID, if it has an integrated bellhousing (one piece bellhousing and tranny) it would be a Getrag. If it has a removeable bellhousing then it would be the NV4500. More than likely a Getrag in 1991 though.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

www.off-road.com used to be about the best for the newer stuff...............not sure anymore.

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

It'll be an NV3500, same as my '94 5 spd. It'll stand up to a good deal of punishment, but too much will kill it early - much like any thing else.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

comon line problem hear in the rust belt. and like above easy id on the tranny and if 1/2 ton no nv4500 in them from factory from what i know.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Cool, good info.

The tranny did look like a one piece, but I can't exactly remember at the moment.

I totally forgot we have an IFS forum on here...

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

gertag is all aluminum and nv4500 is cast iron tranny.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

www.fullsizechevy.com is decent. I think those Getrags are junk. But with a 4.3 I wouldn't worry on that one. Know a guy who grenaded the 5 speed in his 1/2 ton. but he wasn't nice to it with a pretty much stock 350 in front of it.

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Look at the sticker in your glove box with all the rpo codes on it. A G80 would be a locking differential. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/672792

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/

:xmas:

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Fullsizechevy.com is full of asshats.........................

There's several of us that have been banned there numerous times for questioning the poserness and gayness that rules that site..................

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, FSC is better for perusing the rare tech threads and articles as opposed to actually posting there. That said, I visit daily and have 50 posts since I joined in February.

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Yea I check out FSC just to read the Ideas for the Burb. Ive been a member for 2 years (since Bubba tried to get me banned :grin: ) and only posted about 10 times. I like there tech but not the poser stuff. And whatever you do.... Dont click here :D

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:rotfl:

Already clicked in there yesterday... I already discovered I need to register to purchase... That slowed me down :thumb:

14. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Yep..I'm glad I got rid of the 93 Suburban befor I found that site...the wife would of killed me :crazy:

15. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status