Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any good online tire sites?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikayak390, May 2, 2005.

1. mikayak390

mikayak390 Registered Member

I am going to need new tires for my suburban. I am currently running firestone wilderness AT 255 85 r16. (aprox 32-33 x8.5 or 9inches) So far no complaints, rides nice and no problems in snow mud or sand. Unfortunately they don't make them any more and the size is hard to find. The local chains are getting annoying and are not very friendly for larger tires.

I don't want to go wider or shorter, but will go with taller or slightly narower. Any good brands, other size suggestions, maybe a good website with decent prices?? Shipping big heavy tires can't be good, but I will look into it.

Thanks for any info.

Oh btw the truck will do occasional off road, but mostly daily driving on pavement. Some towing, some snow pushing, seldom in deep mud bogs but may see a muddy trail or wet construction sites.

Thanks again.

2. xanthias

xanthias 1/2 ton status

3. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

I agree about tire rack, another one to check out is Desert Rat got mine from them and it was the best price I could find.

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Not sure where you are in Jersey but if you can get a print out of the Tire Rack prices you can go down to Delaware (no sales tax) and Sears will price match them if they can get them

5. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

4 wheel parts.com

6. mikayak390

mikayak390 Registered Member

thank you. tire rack seemed to have a few choices.

7. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Tyres International. Had the best prices for me when I was shopping for 40's. Also had a great deal on a set of 39.5 TSL's for a friend when he was in the market. Have to watch their prices as they have sales often and will drop the prices dramatically.

8. Luehrs1

Luehrs1 Registered Member

Has anyone used Tire Package.com? I found my tires for cheaper than most places and thats including a lifetime warrenty.

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't pi$$ on 4wheelparts if they were on fire! Where have you been? You haven't heard of how they've screwed almost everyone? And thier poor customer service? And the bogus tire warranty?