Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any good shops in Albuquerque?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyin, Nov 14, 2005.

1. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Have a little break-down-on-the-road issue to deal with, the gang is in Alb Nm and needs to find a good local shop to check out the tow rig. Anyone have a suggestion? TIA.

2. jolane

jolane 1/2 ton status

I am from Alb, and have no idea where I would take a vehicle for repair. I can recommend a dealership (I know some of the mechanics at both places), if that helps any. It is Melloy Dodge and Casa Jeep on the west side. My brother worked at Casa for a few years. There are some good guys there. Some went to Melloy when they opened.

I don't know if this helps at al. Sorry I can be more help. What sort of problems are you having with what vehicle?

Joshua

3. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

I/we (family project) recently bought a K5 from a fellow member in Ok. The tow truck is a 1/2 ton 1996 chevy (I know I know lol... but its been beefed up for towing) to Cali. Im not on the trip, my father and borther are.. aparently the tranny is slipping, or the exhaust is plugged, they dont seem to be sure exactly. Their plan is to hit the chevy dealership in the morning (unless someone had another suggestion here tonight).

Thanks for the reply jolane.