Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any good trails in the San Diego area

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by AJMBLAZER, May 20, 2000.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I am in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego. I am originally from Michigan, where I could be 'wheeling within 5 minutes from home. Needless to say, I find it hard to get used to it out here. I know of one area that I can go, out in the Cleveland National forest, but it's starting to get old. My buddies and I do mostly trail running, light mud stuff. No rock crawling or serious gumbo mudding. Anybody know anything in the area? Thanks.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

2. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Los Coyotes Indian Reservation is just right outside of San Diego. There is an article about it in the April issue of Petersons 4WOR. Also Anza Borrego has some trails. And Jacumba is about an hour east of San Diego, you can 4-wheel and explore old abandoned gold mines. I have been to most of the places around here except for Los Coyotes. I think it would be best to be in a group for that one.
    Russ

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I have been to Jacumba. There are also some places in the Cuyamaca mountains.

Brian