Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Ideas For Upgrading A System In An 1989 Blazer?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by buttman, Jun 7, 2000.

1. buttman

buttman Registered Member

Hi I have a 1989 Blazer Silverado and I was wondering If anyone has any suggestions on an upgrade on my previous system? I have two Hi Phonix Amps under the front seats, a Kenwood tape deck, with a 10 disk changer. In the front doors I have Bosten on Acoustic two was that are week, I'm pretty sure one is blown. And in the very back i have Kenwood 6x9's and a 10" Base tube. I was thinking about getting some good speakers to replace my door speakers any suggestions? Has anyone put speakers in the panel by the bottom of the back seat I was thinking of putting some kind of mid range there what do you guys think? Anyways i'm open to all suggestions thanks, John

2. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

Here's my plans, so I'll share them with you, amybe some ideas can be had. I'm getting those nifty Q-logic kick panel pods from sounddomain.com and installing a Boston Acoustic component set(6.5" if it will fit). In the real I'm putting 2 6.5" 2-way Boston Acoustics. Speakers will all be powered by a PPI 4240 Amp. 30x4 RMS which should be plenty since these amps are tough as nails. That should sing with my 2 JL12W0's and my 300x1 Kappa Amp. =) And I have a Panasonic flip face Head Unit.

I think it's gonna take me a while to save up for those Boston Speakers. I heard thm the other day, and they are so accurate and warm sounding. I'm sold! I'm all for that SQ instead of SPL.

-JoSH