Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any ideas on an in dash stereo

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kwcdawgfan, Jan 13, 2001.

1. kwcdawgfan

kwcdawgfan Registered Member

I have a 73 blazer and like all old blazer owners I am in the process of restoring... I currently have a detachable sony mounted in the console but in the last week my wife accidently ripped the top off of it breaking the hinges off and the next day my son stepped on it and broke the crystal display & buddy told me it would cost as much as a new one to have the display fixed??... Anyway Ive listed below what I would "like"
    1. A post mount stereo so I dont have to cut my dash and have the ability to control a future cd changer
    2. outputs for amp
    3. Looks cheap but plays great so will disourage theft... Right now ive got an old old push button cassette stereo installed and cant see the real stereo in the console...
    5. All this said I imagine I will have to go back with a new stereo when I get the dough for a new console... Any thoughts??

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I ordered the Tuffy Stereo Security Console for my 74 Blazer. I have a JVC CD player that I am going to mount in the console. It is made for vehicles which drive around with no tops on. I am going to leave the super old am/fm radio in the dash and hide all the amps, speakers and speaker wire to deter theft. It costs $261 delivered to your door. Check it out at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tuffyproducts.com>http://www.tuffyproducts.com</A>

74 Blazer
    Ramble On

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Kenwood used to make a AM/FM Cassatte that is shaft mount. It also has rca preoutes and it has Cd Changer controlls built in. Some shops stillhave them. The model is a KRC-3007. Other than, I dont know of any Manufacturers who make shaft mount radios any more. Sorry, hope this helps.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://dblazer.coloradok5.com>http://dblazer.coloradok5.com</A>

4. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

i love my panasonic g-tech with 10 second memory. it never skips even with the memory disabled. go for it.

baja surf nazi

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Check out Custom Autosound, Inc. Dont have an address right now i would do a search for it. They supplied me a shaft radio for my 69 Impala that has an 8 disc changer and two sets of preouts. They arent the cheapest in the world but work great and look fairly plain jane.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

6. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Hey I'm looking at that stereo, I think its a 2007 (don't mean to sound like some a-hole know it all. lol [​IMG]). Its about $100 and is supposed to be a solid little unit. They're still readily available. Anybody got any recomendations for replacement speakers? Kenwood makes some 4x10s but I'm not sure whats good for the front. LMC has some replacement stereos but over $250 for a shaft style cassette player, I dont think so!

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]