Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any ideas on this sound?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, May 25, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

sharp turns..mostly notice it making sharp left turns..i hear this clunky sound...then it will go away when i striaghten out but still does it a little when im driving. tomorrow im checking all the wheels bearings..and thing else i should look for? i know i need tie rods ends too..and the front D-shaft slip yoke is really loose..but other than that i dont know of anything wrong... the u-joints looked and felt good.

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

loose U-bolts?

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Is it worse if you take turns faster, or no change?

Doubt it's your problem, but I had a gov-lock that was broken in my last truck, and sharp corners, taken "fast", sounded and felt like I was running over the curb. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dunno ...im pretty shure my diffs are open though..and i dont think its the u-bolts..im checking the wheel bearings today..and lookin around so ill tell ya if i come up with anything..

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Eaiest thing to do is put it up in the air a bit, so you can move the axles, driveshafts and what not.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've had a similar thing last few days. couple hangers on my exhaust broke and it worked loose at the manifold so now I have an exhaust leak and it clunks around a little. Got to love walking past the K5 yesterday and seeing one tailpipe about 1 1/2 foot off the ground and the other right up at the bumper.