Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any ideas..... TH400 skipping over 2nd gear!???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Jul 4, 2002.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Hello all. Figured I would drop the money and get a remanufactured trans with a warrenty so I wouldn't have any problems. So of course once I take the truck on a trip to mom's I have aggrivation. There is maybe 800 miles on the transmission if I'm lucky. I noticed the shifting felt real soft and that the truck was slower than normal. The truck will hit 4000 rpm and then shift, and drop to 1000 rpm. I only count one shift. This happenes no matter how nice nice I try to drive it. The modulator line is hooked up and is in good shape. If I try to manually hold the truck in 2nd gear it stays in 1st. I purchased the trans through advance auto and was very pleased with it before this incident. Anyone delt with this before? I really don't want to have to take this thing outta the truck on my back and ship it back. If it might be something simple I'd consider pulling the pan off and playing with it before I make a mess at my moms. Thanks for listening to me vent, any advice is appricated.

Mike