Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Ideas???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mud Bath, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Mud Bath

Mud Bath Registered Member

i just finished custom making side panels for the rear of my blazer. What a pain, custom deluxe's dont have anything to make a template out of.(Lots and lots of cardboard). With the exposed wheel well still sticking out, how can i form regular flat carpet to the wells with out it wrinkling up. They same goes with the curvature of the floor board in the front. Its a lot cheaper to buy some cool looking indoor/outdoor carpet from home depot, than to buy it from lmc or whitney. Any Ideas?

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I covered my wheel humps a few years back. What a pain. Basically what I did was cut two pieces of carpet with curved edges and glued the hell out of them. I had some old towels that I cut to shape until I thought they looked good then cut the carpet to match. I applied carpet glue to the carpet and the hump, let it dry and went to town. They're not perfect but then again I sit in the front so I really don't have to sit and stare at them either. It helps to inhale deeply when you apply the glue, keeps the stress level to a minimun! Good Luck!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim