Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any k5/truck quarter mile timeslips?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Jul 25, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've asked this a long time ago, but we got a lot of new guys around here...

anyone got a timeslip for their rig?

I'm getting ready to take my '67 camaro to the track for the first time in the next few weeks, and hopefully get allowed more than 1 pass. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    I think it would be fun to make a couple of passes for chits and grins to know how fast my k5 is. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I'm guessing somewhere in the 15's. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

No slip, but my truck ('74 350, 465/221, aftermarket 3.73's) ran a 19.8. I lost the slip, but I do remember that time.

3. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

im waiting till i finish my engine/tranny swap, then me and all my buddies are going up

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Whenever I get a chance to fix my oil leak, im taking the blazer, I even got a set of slicks for it. I cant wait to pull up smoke the tires and fly down the strip.

Last time I went there was a '75 chevy flatbed with a 383, 465, 33" hawgs and I think 3.08s. He was running consistant at low 18s but got it to 17 towards the end of the night. He didnt drive all that agressively though, mostlikely can run quicker.

Just curious, what strip do you use?

5. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

15???? man I'll be happy if mine can make it in under a minute.... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    I wanna get my new T/A out to the track.... I got a buddy whos got the equivellent Camaro (except his has the auto and a small amount of tweakage) and he claims to be running 11.90s.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif After hereing that I'm dying to see what mine will do w/ the 6sp /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

11 seconds flat!......... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    11 seconds flat!......... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he said 1/4-mile, not 0-60!

8. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I always wanted to run my K10 when I had my roller motor and TH400 in it but the local tracks wont allow 4x4's to run because they are usually taller than the guard rail could safely contain in a accident. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I can scan the slip when I get home...

This is the Jimmy. Ran in 4wd and spun all 4 through 330 feet.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also I eased into the loud pedal for fear of drivetrain breakage. I know if I hammered it from the start I could easily hit a 12.99. But it would take some large cohones /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

502 - TH400/3000 stall/33's with 4.10's /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Running 2wd was an exercise in futility for me. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Spinning the tires at will.... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

John

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I can scan the slip when I get home...

This is the Jimmy. Ran in 4wd and spun all 4 through 330 feet.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also I eased into the loud pedal for fear of drivetrain breakage. I know if I hammered it from the start I could easily hit a 12.99. But it would take some large cohones /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

502 - TH400/3000 stall/33's with 4.10's /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Running 2wd was an exercise in futility for me. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Spinning the tires at will.... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

John

[/ QUOTE ]

what power numbers you think you have in that?

11. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he said 1/4-mile, not 0-60!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Usually when people use this... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif after saying something that is obviously not true would mean that it's probably a joke. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

My husband and me took his 70 Camaro and my 83 Blazer (the one in my sig) to the track and ran them side by side, we had a bet who's would win in the quarter mile. His at the time 350 with normal aftermarket mods (cam, intake, exhaust) with 2.73 open. He was car #386 in the left lane and I was in the right lane #387. I had so much fun roasting off both 38" swampers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-----------Left ....................... Right

Car# ... 386..........................387
    Class...

Dial...
    R/T ... .832......................... .675
    60' ... 2.376 ...................... 2.637
    330 .. 6.664 ...................... 7.421
    1/8 ... 10.143 .................... 11.485
    1000 13.145 .................... 15.057
    1/4 ... 15.747 .................... 18.283
    mph... 86.09 ..................... 68.32

My husbands reaction times sucked but mine were pretty decent considering what I was driving. We were pretty much side by side all the way to the 1/8th mile line then he was just walking away from me, the 472 just ran out of oompf after that. I thought for sure I would get at least a 16 second 1/4 time but I still had a blast. This year I am just dying to take the Camaro to the track and try my hand at bettering my reaction times and seeing how different the time will be with all the new engine mods. We did this at the PIR late night drags they have, $20 for as many passes as you want /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

what power numbers you think you have in that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a ZZ502 motor with a Digital 7 ignition and a few other small goodies. I bought a mechanical secondary carb for it too (hopped up of course)

Basically all the bolt-ons without opening a valve cover. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stock specs are 502HP and 567 TQ. I've seen numerous dyno pulls on these motors and they are closer to 530-540 HP and 570-580TQ. Then add up any power from the other mods and I say about 550HP

John

14. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Sorry Ryan, the only time i went to race I had the doors offthe crew cab and even with a helmet the track owner wouldn't let me run without a 5-point harness.

15. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hey Ryan when and where are you gonna run your camaro? We can burn more than one bro!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

16. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks for the stats, i'm hoping my 500 caddy will have near 500 HP when all's said and done. so i'll take it to the track and come back here and post the times /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. Ryan B.

Probably Sac raceway in three fridays from now. test and tune nights i hear the officials are more leanient... if you're faster than 11.99 without a cage, instead of booting your a$$ they let you run a few solo passes down the track if you meet all the other tech regulations? I guess i will find out if i'm that quick and if they want to boot me after 1 pass. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I'm gonna trailor my camaro and borrow my sis' '97 suburban 3/4 ton vortec 454.. it will tow MUCH better than my K/5. and with recent deathwobble issues i don't even want to risk it. would be fun to run my truck sometime though. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Need to mount my M/T ET street tires and get a 5 point harness, borrow a sfi approved helmet... few other things.. A few friends might follow me out there to race in their slower camaros and get their times. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Bobby, Maybe you need one of these [​IMG]

19. Ryan B.

Dude.... You need to get some quarter mile times of that b!+@$&!

20. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif1000Hp+ 44"swampers in the 1/4 mile /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifThat would be a ride Dude /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif