Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any last minute advice before I begin surgery?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JohnSPledg, Jul 12, 2003.

1. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

By next weekend most of my patch panels should be here. I am going to do some prep work in the morning. I am replacing rockers inner and outer, floorpans, and front door pillars. I am going to get a better look at the rocker boxes and see if I can repair them, or continue to wait in line as Wes gets the new boxes finalized. Then I am going to replace the floor with diamond plate and replace the tailgate pillars when they arrive(backorder). My wleding skills aren't the best. It holds but it isn't pretty, so I'll be doing a good bit of grinding to make it look pretty. I have read the CSG post a few times, I just wondered if there were any last minute words of advice. I have looked at my blazer sitting under the carport for 7 years now, soon it will be reborn, or at least revived. My goal is a good looking truck that will go where I want it to. Obviously its isn't a daily driver, I think of it as a toy. It reminds me a lot of a Tonka truck I had growing up that had removable tires and jerry cans. I abused the hell out of that thing, it never died. I think I might still have it in storage somewhere. Oh well, now I am rambling. Thanks for the help and support I have received form the board.
    John

2. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

get plenty of beer! that always smooths out my weld beads!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif