Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any local Albertians here???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by George_Pimpdaddy, Aug 11, 2005.

1. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

Hey was just wondering if there was any one from my area i love in edmonton alberta canada and am looking for some new 4x4 friends or clubs :laugh:

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My companies onwers hail from there ..... does that count :D

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Whiteknight is from Calgary
    Canmore k5 is from Canmore
    Thats all I can rememmemeber

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Thumper is in Cold Lake

SierraClassic is from Ardrossan

Rene

5. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Woo! Reconition :bow:

I'm about 15 minutes or so east of Edmonton :) I am in town quite regularly though.

Unfortunately, at the moment, the best running vehicle I have is an 86 buick century with a furious four cylinder :haha:

Gimme a week, and I'll have two trucks running though, lol

6. tRustyK5

LOL, I used to live in Alberta when I was young. Lived mostly in Edmonton until I was 5 or so, when we moved to Sherwood park. Lived there for 4 years and then we moved to BC.

So, i tend to notice fellow Canadians and Albertan's.:smile1:

Rene

7. Russell

Yep, I spend most of my time in the park :) Its between me and Edmonton. Definitely a nice town. The only thing that sucks around here is the mosquitoes, and how short the summer is. The leaves are already starting to turn color and fall off the trees :( Its only like 5 degrees C outside right now :doah:

8. tRustyK5

We moved into Sherwood park in 1971. I recall the first time at the new house while it was being built, we got stuck in the mud and had to be pulled out by a Dozer.

There were prolly under 40 homes built there when we were having ours built.

I still have an old Sherwood park local phone book here in a drawer. I think it's about 80 pages thick :D

The weather was what prompted my parents to move us here. My Dad was a bricklayer, so here he could work year round without any fuss or discomfort...as opposed to the Alberta winter making his life miserable (tarps, tents and heaters)

Fond memories of growing up there though, and probably the friendliest people in Canada IMO.:bow:

Rene

9. wubba_65

wubba_65 Registered Member

I'm From Fort Saskatchewan (Directly North of Sherwood Park), and I drive into the city everyday for work. I find it funny that we are describing where all of these local towns and cities are, because chances are, if you live in Ardrossan, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Edmonton, Fort Sask, etc. you already know where all of these places are!!

We should definitely try and get a meet going, once we get our rigs on the road (mine is about two weeks from completion).

Another good local type site is

www.4wheeler.ca

There is a guy that has a blazer chalet for sale in Red Deer on there. I'd pick it up if I had the money, it would be wicked awesome for hunting!!

10. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Thinking about moving to Alberta for work. Don't know excatly where yet, but the k5 will be going with me. Might as well as join the other half of Newfoundland seeing almost half of Newfoundlanders live in Alberta. :D

11. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Yup, Im in Cold Lake. We have a little club on the go here and mostly wheel almost every weekend. When the truck is working that is. Hasnt been since May Long. :(
    We have a few members from Lloydminster too. There is a local Edmonton club at www.na4wda.org they have a message forum but the rest of thier site is down for service.
    Mike

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

thought half of you poggie people lived here in ontario!!!lol

hey i am not from alberta but can i join the party in here????

13. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Ya half in Ontario and the other half in Alberta. Once I go I am staying up there. Newfoundland = low hourly rate - high fuel,cigs,rent = broke me. I was gonna go to Kitchner, Ontario. I have a lot of family there working at Toyota the past 10 + years. Undecided yet, but I leaning towards Alberta.

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

LOL
    that is funny, i live an hour from there and use to work there at a plant you have most likly hurd of called kuntz electroplating, about half the workers were from out east.

hell i might have worked with some of your family, a few guys when to the yota plant when kuntz's had there lay offs

15. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Ya I heard of Kuntz electroplating. I am also trying to get one of my uncles up there to make me a soft top. It does custom upholstry for a living. Not excatly sure where the name of the area he lives in. But if you need seats, top etc. Mr.B's custom upholsrty is the name of the business I think. I have to call him soon to see if he can make me a top. As for the poggie groups. That drives me nuts. People leave here go to work for a few months and come home to collect top ei. Then when it is up they go again. So when I go I am staying gone.

16. Russell

*EDIT*

This thread is already pretty off topic, don't make me delete it by posting parts wanted stuff in here.

You're a paid member, post up in parts wanted if you need something. The garage is not the forum for this sort of thing.

Rene

*/EDIT*

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2005