Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any metorologists here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tecton, Nov 16, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

why cant i get video, of radar footage thats longer than 3 seconds? Why dont they show it for like...20 minutes long or something. It only comes in 3 second clips.

Anyone know why?!
    or how to get longer lengths of it

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

big pappppppppppa b is a military weather forecaster, maybe he knows /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, actually it's big pappa b /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

you rang?? The radar loop on Intellicast.com may only be 3 seconds long but it's a loop of the last 2 1/2 hours.
    This one is 3 hours long but the graphics are pretty crappy.

This one is better It's from Unisys and it's a 6hr loop

3 hours is enough for us to know when to expect rain to come. Some (few) places might have a days worth of radar data archived just in case there was an aircraft accident but for the most part we use it so we can better support the people working on the ground around fuel tank and on the flightline. We are more concerner with maybe only an hours worth of data that we get the speed on movement from storms so we know how long those people working outside have to get their jobs done safely.

Besides, after looking at the same picture playing over and over again I get bored /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    AHHHHH..I just had radar flashbacks from the last 15 years /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i know that the 3 second time lapse is enough to predict
    but i just want to fullfil my own curiosity and just sit there and watch all the weather that happend last week or something.